Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank approval for Brandsource Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank approval for Brandsource Card?

Hi all--- has anyone applied and been approved for a Brandsource card issued by Citibank?  I'm shopping for some pretty high-end  appliances for kitchen, and the merchant is offerring 18 month no interest financing through Citibank.   I've never heard of a "Brandsource" card.   Any input welcome!  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Citibank approval for Brandsource Card?

I purchased my washer and dryer from a BrandSource merchant. I actually wasn't aware that they had a credit card.

Message 2 of 6
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

I have one I got in 2014. They pulled EX and I think my score was 660 with a lot of inquiries and a BK discharge from 2010.

Started at $3000 limit and I got it bumped to $4000 last fall.

Used it twice.....a dishwasher and then a microwave for no interest financing.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get this credit card OP or take a different route?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sorry for the late reply! We've been busy closing on our mortgage first. =0)

I'm going to wait for the dust to settle on the mortgage front, see where my fico 8 scores go with the mortgage added, then apply for the card.  The deal is that I want a certain brand of appliance (Blue Star range and hood), and I've found a merchant who uses brandsource cards by Citi to offer 18 months no interest financing. The total purchase I'm looking to make is around $6500 - $7000, and it will be a precise amount, not an open, revolving account.

I will definately post the result when I get it.  Probably about mid May!

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just to update this thread:   I did apply for the Brandsource card from Citibank via the online portal.   My Fico 8 scores are:  EQ- 684, TU,-693, EX- 673.    I was approved in a snap but only for a $4K CL.   I willl call them tonight and ask for the limit to be increased to $6, which is what I need for the purchase I have in mind.

18 months interest free! Good deal if you need new appliances. =0)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.