Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing New Card Approvals For Future Chase Cards

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Closing New Card Approvals For Future Chase Cards

Chase frequently soft pulls after approval. That's how people end up with receiving cancelled cards in the mail. 

I think it's terrible idea to finish off app spree with Chase Card. 

Hopefully, it will all work out for OP 

Message 21 of 23
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Chase frequently soft pulls after approval. That's how people end up with receiving cancelled cards in the mail. 

I think it's terrible idea to finish off app spree with Chase Card. 

Hopefully, it will all work out for OP 

I couldn’t agree more. Chase is conservative, and monitors like a hawk. 

I wish OP luck, but chance of denial or closure.

Also, Brian has insight with prior Chase employment.

Message 22 of 23
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@SBR249 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@SBR249 wrote:

@Carlosjb3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep, better app quick, even if chase denies you I mean what are you gonna lose by having another inquiry, you already know missed out on the chase cards. Probably best option will be to look at Amex at this point.

I just apped for the Chase Freedom Unlimited and got the message below Smiley Indifferent 

Is this usually bad news?

Chase Message.PNG

The good news is that that's not the message you get for being over 5/24. IIRC, many times 30 days message is a more information needed for verification but I could be wrong. 

I received the same message and verified within an hour it was denial for 5/24

But I bet you were already over 5/24 reporting on your CR. The OP just got 4 new cards last week, chances are not all of them will have reported yet. So if verified, maybe it won't turn into a 5/24 denial. 

This is true, but we just had a poster about a month ago that was in a similar situation. When chase realized he shouldn't have been approved in the first place, they shut down his card a couple of months after the fact. BUT, he probably could have flown under the radar if he hadn't applied for a second Chase card triggering the review.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.