Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank - Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Bank - Denied

Applied for the Orbitz credit card - my credit score was 745. 

Denied - because I had too many inquiries. By that - I only had 3 prior to them checking my credit. They were auto loan inquires. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
josedcolon70
Valued Member

Re: Comenity Bank - Denied

Hi! Curious...why the Orbitz card?
Message 2 of 5
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

Are the accounts in your siggy the only things on your report? If so you probably got denied due to a thin history. (Unless your report has late payments - if so, you probably got denied due to both.) This does surprise me though because most Comenity cards are easy to get.

Anyway, I would just try the Cap One prequal: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/prequalify

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Most likely due to you not having any credit cards?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - Whenever banks state that as a reason - as some other forum member once stated and it stuck in my head - it really means "Too many inquiries based on the quality of your credit file" 

So if you do not have any cards - the Orbitz card is going to be a tough one to get - I have heard it is on the more difficult side - the benefits on this card are actually pretty decent and must cost Comenty quite a bit - so they are much more strict. 

Start with Banks that are more friendly to newer files - Amex/Discover and Capital One. Get 2 of those and then let them age 1 year or more - ideally 2 years - then you can get into the more "fancy" cards. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.