cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank approval and closure within a month!?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Bank approval and closure within a month!?

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone on her been approved for the orbitz lately. Tried it a year ago with no new apps for a year at the time and was denied for new accounts and 778 EX, which was pulled instead of EQ.

It's one of the toughest CCs to obtain from them.   I was approved for Orbitz a year and a half ago, $25K SL, where it still sits today. 

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both of you. Lucky you Finstar, that would be my fav card Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone on her been approved for the orbitz lately. Tried it a year ago with no new apps for a year at the time and was denied for new accounts and 778 EX, which was pulled instead of EQ.

@Anonymous... Yes, just the other day Dec 31, App'd Dec 12 or so and had to wait for the letters from the, with a verification code... The letter did not say I was denied or appoved, just to call and verify information on the App... Did just that, and was approved for $4K Limit, card is on its way... Should also say I App'd the same time for an IKEA Visa after being prequalified for their IKEA Projkt Card SP and got $10K, declined the offer and App'd their Visa and instant approval for $8K... Happy so far with the process for both... EX653 TU 702 EQ673

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally got the letters today. Accounts closed because of too many recent inquiries from Experian. It had the least amount of inquiries. They showed my EX score as 686!? No idea what model they use. From what I've seen, my FICO 8 is 638. Sounds like a job for Scooby Doo and the gang. Lol.

Still no word on the letter I sent.

Message 24 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What letter did you send them OP?

If you were asking them to reconsider it's a moot point since they will not budge.
Message 25 of 31
CivalV
Established Contributor

Sorry for the closures. Comenity closed my VS card with a $350 limit and a $0 balance. Their reason stated that the account was inactive but it had only been 1 month that I didnt use it. I just so happened to pay it in full that time as well. I was annoyed because I put that card to use like crazy. I was so mad I reapped for the card but got a measly $150 limit. Wishing I didnt reapp for it but I still love my card haha

They were also generous by approving me in December for an HSN acct with a $750 SL. Not too bad for Comenity and my scores.
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fin,
I was advised by one of their reps to send a letter giving the same schpill I gave her. I figure it's for nothing but who knows...

It completely tanked my utilization since I put a balance on them and can't pay them off right away. Thinking of trying to BT them both but not sure how that works since the accounts are closed. Any advice?
Message 27 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What are the balances on the 2 closed Comenity accounts? Are you carrying any balances on your other CCs?

I realize the representative may have been empathetic given your situation, but it's the internal risk and audit team that ultimately make the final decision and there have been no successful DPs pointing to any reinstatements, even with folks escalating to the EO. Anything is always possible, so let's see if your letter has any impact.
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Around $1800 on the 2 that were closed. I do have total balance of about $900 on my active cards. Would it be better to pay the closed cards off or pay off the active cards first? Thank you for your help, Fin!

Capital One QS that I PC'd from platinum last month (thanks to this forum) $227/$500 limit. Assuming this is a "bucket" card. Had it almost a year. One CLI for $200 after 5mo on time payments.

Disco It Chrome: $350/$600 limit. Opened middle of Nov.

Credit one: $244/$450 limit. Really would like to close this one. $39AF. Opened 2 days before the Cap1 plat. $150 CLI after 6mo on time payments.

Walmart Store card: $43/$200 limit. Opened Dec 1st.

WF Propel: $0/$1500 limit. Opened Dec 20th. Still hasn't reported to EQ or TU.

Kay Jewelers Genesis AU: $0/$6200 limit. Opened Nov 2016.
Message 29 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

My suggestion would be to pay off the closed Comenity accounts. Otherwise, once they report (if not already done so) with those balances, it'll skyrocket your utilization % on those tradelines. Granted, it can recover in time, but you want to minimize the impacts fairly soon.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.