Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank.....uggghhhh

tag
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

Comenity Bank.....uggghhhh

Hello All,

I'm new to messaging but I am a avid reader and have developed the "app fingers syndrome". After all I've read about Comenity Bank I still took the leap since I am a frequent flyer at BJ's. Well I think its a soft pull on my equifax but I still got the "7-10 Days message" with no help from the customer service. I pulled my equifax and say they pulled previously in July for an online promotion. 

ugghhhhh......I just needed to vent.

Good news......I apped for Chase Freedom, got approved after SSN verification for $9,200 SL

Exp 826

TU 792

EQ 802

Amex Blue Cash $20,000   (hit the luv button last week got 10k increase thus my current CL)

BOA $7,000             (hit the luv button last week got 4.1k increase thus my current CL)

Cap 1 (AU)   $750 (DH hit the luv button but no love, he's had that card and limit since 2009)

No baddies, no collection

INQ 1/6 (chase), 1/12 (savings credit union for my son) 1/24 (amex 8/18)

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Bank.....uggghhhh

Hi @PutThatMoneyOnTheTable, welcome to the forums.

Wait for the letter to confirm whether additional verification is required or if the application is denied. Unfortunately, the agents would not be able to tell you where the application stands until you receive the correspondence.
Message 2 of 10
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

Thanks, the wait is excruciating, but that's the plan. What's surprising is that there were other soft pull for prequal for other comenity store cards.
Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Message 3 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@PutThatMoneyOnTheTable wrote:
 What's surprising is that there were other soft pull for prequal for other comenity store cards.

Yeah, I don't doubt that.....as the theme of the day seems to be around the forum, "IT'S A TRAP!!!"  lol, yeah, just wait on the mailer. Good luck with that.Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't open the mailbox... Why?.... "It's a Trap!!"   Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the Alphaeon credit and got the same message... I'll receive a letter within 2 weeks. So I'm assuming I was denied. Called customer service and was told there was nothing I can do but wait for that denial letter. So much for "instant results". 

Message 6 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for the Alphaeon credit and got the same message... I'll receive a letter within 2 weeks. So I'm assuming I was denied. Called customer service and was told there was nothing I can do but wait for that denial letter. So much for "instant results". 

Sorry 'bout that, sux.   But read the post above you....mailbox (BEWARE!)  lolSmiley Very Happy

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 10
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, customer service is as clueless as us, as it relates to needing verification or denied. But don't lose hope, it could be verification.

Mailbox and COMENITY BEWARE. I value customer service and comenity customer service is lacking.

I apped recently for chase, the verification reason was mailed and they still provided the info over the phone. The card came in the mail 1 day after the verification letter ( they needed to verify my ssn card, which I was able to do 15mins after hanging up with customer service)

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Message 8 of 10
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

Just to update everyone.....

Got Comenity letter and called the number provided. I answered 3 silly questions for verification then was told I was approved for a whopping $8000.
BJ'S HERE I COME.

To recap: Soft pull and no update to credit score. Only change was the inquiry from Chase on my EQ and EX.
Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Message 9 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

locking thread as now in approvals.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.