Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI HP/SP Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity CLI HP/SP Data Points

I’d pound the button until it happens. Once you have that first interval, try again in half that time, then monthly, and see what happens.
Message 161 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I be offended that WS gave me a $250 SL? Smiley Very Happy They seem to low ball SLs for a lot of people from what I've been reading. They give out just enough to buy a nice set of wooden spoons without trashing your UTL Smiley LOL I actually wanted to grab a set of All-Clad cookware before I apped but can only grab a lid, PIF... then a saute pan (maybe), PIF... At this rate I'll have my set before the new year.. hopefully Smiley Very Happy

When did you open the acct? If it's a newly pulled cr, You might want to call in and ask if they could do a little better.  If they want to pull you tho I wouldn't touch it unless it was a sp guarantee, that seems not likely but you never know.  They do review you after 6 six months for auto cli's on this one, like some of the others if not all. 

Last month. They stated they want some air time first in the letter. A spoon here... a potholder there... Maybe salt and pepper shakers for the Holidays... Smiley Very Happy I didnt make the rules. Ill just have to work with what they gave me. Smiley LOL Maybe they'll figure it out eventually. Smiley Very Happy

Message 162 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Ladies and gentlemen....we got 'em"

So today was the day. I was calling and closing all my rebuild cards. J.Crew was on the list. Stuck at $250 for one full year. Hit luv button. Boom! $500 increase. Ok you can stay.

The day before I got $2000 on my Overstock card. That card is close to $6000 now. These are my only two Comenity cards and it's been odd as ever. As I mentioned before they both started as $250 SCT cards a year ago. Almost every time I hit the luv button for Overstock it's been approved. (A few denials here and there). Every single time I hit the J.Crew button it's been denied up until  now. Spend/use nearly identical on both. Meaning I never use either card. One purchase last Christmas on Overstock and two purchases on J.Crew in the year.

I'll toss some purchases on each this Christmas to keep the cards open.

I did notice that this is the first time I've tried since they soft pulled me again. It's looks like they don't do it very often and that's why my denial letters had a very old score.

Message 163 of 638
snapcat
Valued Member

Thought I would give it a try and had luck on 3 out of 4.

Lucky Brand, opened 8/18, SL $500, Increased to $750 - First time to it the LUV button on this account

Williams Sonoma, opened 8/18, SL $1000, Increased to $1800 - Second time to hit LUV button on this account - declined 6 months ago

Overstock, Opened 12/18, SL $1750, Increased to $2550 - First time to hit LUB button on this account

Pottery Barn, Opened 12/18, SL $2000, said I was not eligible for an increase at this time, First time to hit LUV button on this account

No hard pulls

Lucky & Williams Sonoma have kept low balances. Overstock has low balance - 0% on 12 month plan. I use Pottery Barn often as I bought a house last December. It's crept up to 50% UTI before payments brought me back down.

Fico 8 683 EXP, 645 TU

I don't plan on increasing balances, but it's nice to lower my UTI

Message 164 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just like clockwork now on Wayfair, two months ago to the date was my last $800 increase, taking me to $3700. Hit the button today and went up $1500 to a new CL of $5200.

I’m wondering if the CLI being larger than usual was because my limit had reached a pretty decent amount, or if it’s because I’m looking at getting a new kitchen table set and have one in my cart currently - perhaps the possible pending sale was the spur to make the increase bigger than it has been in the past. Anyone ever try that and see different/better results on a CLI?
Message 165 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Oh Wow, that's Fantastic!  Congrats!!!!!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 166 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Smiley Happy I have a $613 balance on the card for a bunch of stuff I bought in May, currently on a 0% promo, so my UTI was around 16% at the time, in case that helps anyone. Virtually every increase Comenity has given on either of my two cards has been while there’s been a balance. Long as payments are on time they don’t seem to care.

Getting 2x my usual CLI on this is nice though. I doubt I’d ever have even a grand on the card at any time but I’ll take any increase they feel I should have Smiley Happy
Message 167 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Good observation on the cart vs cli....may be something to it.  Yay You!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 168 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll try it again in December for sure. My next increase on VS is due on November 3rd or 4th. I’ve gotten $250 increase every time except for the one last month, which was $500. Gonna put stuff in the cart there too and see what happens.
Message 169 of 638
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just like clockwork now on Overstock, two months ago to the date was my last $800 increase, taking me to $3700. Hit the button today and went up $1500 to a new CL of $5200.

I’m wondering if the CLI being larger than usual was because my limit had reached a pretty decent amount, or if it’s because I’m looking at getting a new kitchen table set and have one in my cart currently - perhaps the possible pending sale was the spur to make the increase bigger than it has been in the past. Anyone ever try that and see different/better results on a CLI?

Congrats on your increase ! 

IME the CLI amounts don't have anything to do with your cart.

My SL was $1000, I hit the luv button upon activation +200.

From $1200-10200 increases were +1500.

From $11700-17700 (currently at 19700) increases have been +2000.

I've received them at $0 balance and with a small promo balanace. I had an 8 month strech where I received them every month. The last one was at 3 months (lots of shopping on promos). I don't have much further to go to reach my goal so I am stretching them out 3-6 months for the next 6 CLI's. 

Now, if you want to receive awesome promo coupon offers (14-20% off with overstock card) leave a few items in your cart.  Marketing emails offers out frequeently once you start using them. By frequently I mean 2-4x weekly. I always wait until I receive the 20% off, then shop. Just recently ,I've also been purchasing discounted overstock gift cards for an extra 10-15% off. I'm frugal. Smiley Wink You can attach a gift card to your account and as long as you've chosen the overstock card at checkout, even if you have a zero balance using a gift card, you still get the Overstock promo discount offer.

If you are going to do a lot of shopping for the holidays you might consider joining club o for 19.95. You get paid for reviews and you get 3 free returns (UPS prepaid label, no restock fee) per month if you choose store credit refund if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Just on reviews alone, I've far surpassed the $19.95 membership fee this year. 

Happy Shopping !

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 170 of 638
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.