Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI HP/SP Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity CLI HP/SP Data Points

@Anonymous wrote:

I have settled into a nice pattern now. Every two months like clockwork. Big increase on Overstock, small increase on J.Crew.

I have not purchased anything on J.Crew in 10 months. Its a nice utilization padder but I may end up closing it soon just because it is harder to keep active.

Both soft pulls.

Both of my older Comenity cards (opened summer and fall of 2018) have established the two-month CLI pattern as well. My Overstock card turns two months old in two days and I got a CLI upon activation on 10/18. In a week, on 12/18, I'll see if it is on the same cycle due to my history with the other cards, or if it'll need some more time to age before they'll bump it up.

As for your JCrew, I'd keep it open and buy socks every couple months to maintain the age and padding. Comenity seems easy enough to keep happy with regular purchases, even if they're small.

Message 251 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just opened up the Overstock card in October and I’ve tried requesting two CLI’s since and the letter I received back both times have some strange language I’ve never seen before. Maybe it’s a Comenity thing?

“We are responding to your request for a credit limit increase on your account. Unfortunately, because your credit history with other credit grantors could not be obtained we are unwilling to increase the credit limit on your account at this time.”

It says they obtained the report from EX. EX isn’t locked and neither is EQ. Not sure if this is just a random reply or if I should be worried? Should I just wait 4-6 more months and try again?

Message 252 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since it's been two months since the last Wayfair & OS 2K CLI, I cast sad pleading eyes upon them while rattling my tin cup:  2K SP CLI with each. I used to (successfully) DD with them, but no more -- they gave me 4K x 2 back in Feb, but at a cost of two HPs. Now I just collect my SP 2k and move along. 

BTW, these cards approved 1 1/2 years ago @ 500 SL and 1K SL; now, 18.5K CL & 19K CL. Commenity cards will grow. 

Message 253 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BTW, these cards approved 1 1/2 years ago @ 500 SL and 1K SL; now, 18.5K CL & 19K CL. Commenity cards will grow. 

Whoa!  That's crazy....crazy goooood!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 254 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two months to the date for Overstock since I got bumped from my $750 SL to $2250 at activation, this morning another $800 bump for a new CL of $3050.
Message 255 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got these a few days ago...figured that I would update this thread as well.

All were SP. Scores are in my signature.

Comenity IKEA $3550----->$6550
Comenity WAYFAIR $1300----->$2800
Comenity OVERSTOCK $1050----->$2550
Comenity TOYOTA $1500------>$4500
Message 256 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Congratulations is this the IKEA Visa? And how long has the card been open? My Ikea Visa is 7 months old and no increases yet. Had an issue where I attempted a CLI about a month and half ago and they HP'd me "on accident" due to a fraud alert that was lingering without a contact phone number attached.

The same thing happened with my VS and they have since sent a letter to experian requesting removal of the inquiries (although apparently experian has yet to receive it).

Message 257 of 638
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Got these a few days ago...figured that I would update this thread as well.

All were SP. Scores are in my signature.

Comenity WAYFAIR $1300----->$2800
Comenity OVERSTOCK $1050----->$2550
Comenity TOYOTA $1500------>$4500

Cool!  So I take it you have done most of this during a period of below 650 FICO's?  That Toyota must be a Visa correct?

Thank you for sharing!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 258 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

All my Comenity cards are store cards, not Visa or MC. I have never tried to get any of their Visa's or MC because of the horror stories of shutting all their cards down if they get spooked.

Since I have a bk in 2018, I don't want to do anything that MAY spook them.

Edited to add: Toyota, Wayfair, Overstock opened in December 2018, IKEA opened in June or July 2019.
Message 259 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous good move on avoiding their majors. You have enough store cards with them that you match other profiles who reported across-the-board shutdowns after opening one of their majors. Keep doing what you're doing, it's working great, and use other majors to preserve your holdings with them.

Message 260 of 638
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.