Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI results in HP AND Fraud alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity CLI results in HP AND Fraud alert

Has anybody ever gotten this back from Comenity when it comes to a CLI request? I opened the account 4 months ago tomorrow and had usually gotten account too new responses.

We are responding to your request for a credit limit increase. In some instances, it is necessary for us to
review your credit history to process your request. Based on information in your credit bureau report we
are required to contact you using the information you provided to the credit bureau. Since we were not
able to contact you with the information provided, we cannot complete the processing of your request.

There's no wrong number or anything in my Experian file so I'm confused. And they did use Experian for the review.

EDIT: they did a HP to my EX file (why?) and now I can't logon the Experian site because something needs to be confirmed. Ahh!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity CLI request weird response

I don't have Comenity, but that is an odd response that I've never seen before.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never seen that either.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a new one
Message 4 of 8
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you have a FA on your report.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

**bleep**! Comenity did a HP on my Experian, even tho I've never seen them lol at Experian. And I've also never seen it reported on here that they do HP thru luv button requests.

My Express card went through with the normal 7-10 and I can't for the life of me understand why a HP is needed to increase $200 😭
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity CLI results in HP AND Fraud alert

This just happened to me. Same exact letter. I called them and they told me I had a FA on my accounts and to dispute the inquiry with the CB. My 90 day fraud alert just ended a few days ago and I tried for the increase x2 and it worked. Just call the number on the paper and ask them if there is an alert on your account.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity CLI results in HP AND Fraud alert

Something similar happened to me a few months ago and it was the worst mistake...Guy told me it wasn't a hard pull...Came back congrats you got xxx as your new cl...then hung up..emails starting popping in with the inq...too late to call back but all in all before I made that call my account had that same message as you OP....Looked at my profile closely and what was missing was my phone number on that account on comenity website..nothing else odd...and I know I didn't have any FA on my EX at all...It was their BS we will take a HP on that first request...none of my other comenity cards did that and I looked at all of them my phone number was there for all of those

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.