Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Capital Bank. Lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Capital Bank. Lol

Before I found out about the shopping cart trick I applied for Ulta and Sephora. I applied on the same day. I just got both denial letters and I'm more entertained than disappointed. Both letters say Experian, which is true because I saw the hard pull. 
Letter 1:

excessive past due balance to limit ratio.

percentage of accounts reported derogatory is too high...(2/8)....i respect that

presence of derogatory status on installment account in the last 3 years......cool

then BOOM! Credit score 248. Whet??? Lol

Letter 2: 

lack of real estate secured loan info (huh? so what. This is makeup)

too few bank cards with high credit limit (so give me a low limit and give me makeup)

Credit score: 591

well which is it? 248 or 591? Letter 1 made more sense but the credit score was completely wrong. Letter 2 was a mess but the score was closer to the truth. I guess you can't get real reasons and a real score in the same letter. I'm so tickled by this. In their defense my credit utilization score is 97% so I get it. But thanks to lurking on this site I figured out the difference between a statement date and due date. Now that I know, my utilization will be reporting 0% next week.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Capital Bank. Lol

Lenders can pull different scores, even if it's the same lender.

The lower one was probably something like Sagestream or Lexis, while the higher one was probably a FICO

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if experian has a 248 score for me I have more work to do than I thought. Lol. This is tragic. 

Message 3 of 29
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the same message when I applied for OverStock. I have credit history since 1995 and no one every asked or said lack of real estate loan on credit report. We have a house that is completely paid many years ago and no loan. I was laughing when I read that letter.

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the same message when I applied for OverStock. I have credit history since 1995 and no one every asked or said lack of real estate loan on credit report. We have a house that is completely paid many years ago and no loan. I was laughing when I read that letter.

The lack of real estate loans was so ridiculous.
"We see your student loans but you didn't add a mortgage debt yet. Call us back when you have that"

"You paid off your mortgage? We don't like people who pay their bills because we like interest payments. No card for you." Smiley LOL 

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lack of real estate secured loan info in my experience is a bs answer. I have found it's more like we didn't like your credit profile for whatever internal reason but we have to give a reason so let's throw no mortgage out there. 

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you. 

Message 7 of 29
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

The low score (248) is probably an internal score they use. They pulled Experian for the info but used their own scoring model. Yeah the Real Estate thing is bogus and shouldn't be factored in UNLESS you have a mortgage. Not everyone wants to be a homeowner and shouldn't be punished for it.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 8 of 29
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that I know, my utilization will be reporting 0% next week.

If by 0% , you mean all your cards will be paid to report 0, don't do it. You'll get the all 0 penalty and lose points. Let one card report at least a small balance under 8.9%. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BmoreBull wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that I know, my utilization will be reporting 0% next week.

If by 0% , you mean all your cards will be paid to report 0, don't do it. You'll get the all 0 penalty and lose points. Let one card report at least a small balance under 8.9%. 

Omg. Thank you for telling me. I didn't know that could happen.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.