Did you mean: 

Comenity Capital Bank. Lol

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Comenity Capital Bank. Lol

https://consumer.risk.lexisnexis.com/

Among other things they are aggregators of all types of personal data like name, current and prior addresses, phone #s, vehicles owned, insurance carried, etc etc which they provide for a fee to all types of entities including the CRAs.

They're considered a source of truth yet often have errors in their data.   It's not unheard of to dispute off incorrect data from a CRA then have it repopulated at a later date because the purported source of truth has flawed data. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooohhh. Then I am off to deal with lexisnexis. Thank you for the link and info.

Message 22 of 29
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You're welcome.    You will want to request a copy of your full consumer report which they will send to you for free and you can dispute incorrect data.   

The amount of info that they manage to collect on you is surreal, the full report can easily be a few hundred pages long. 

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no! I don't know if thats what I ordered. I'm going back in. I hope they let me try again.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I saw is Consumer Disclosure Report. Is that right?

Message 25 of 29
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yes.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  what's the shipping cart trick?

Message 27 of 29
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  what's the shipping cart trick?

Some Comenity-issued co-branded cards can be acquired without taking a hard pull.  The technique used to be quite reliable but over the last 2 years or so it's become much more YMMV about avoiding the hard pull.

DoC has a pretty good detailed explanation.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/shopping-cart-trick-get-credit-cards-without-the-hard-pull/

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

An offer pops up while you're checking out telling you that you're preapproved for a certain amount. Mine was a soft pull but there are ones that get hard pulls too.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.