Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity HP for CLI :(

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Comenity HP for CLI :(

Feeling a little down right now. Yesterday I got a $1600 CLI on my Wayfair card, today I got an inquiry alert for Equifax. Was in the garden for two months before this. Now back to day one Smiley Sad

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity HP for CLI :(

@CashBackQueen wrote:

Feeling a little down right now. Yesterday I got a $1600 CLI on my Wayfair card, today I got an inquiry alert for Equifax. Was in the garden for two months before this. Now back to day one Smiley Sad

Darn, I just got a CLI on my Wayfair card today, but it was for $800.  I really don't want a HP for that...

Message 2 of 7
Rogue46
Established Contributor

I keep my reports frozen to avoid that. Comenity has been hp'ing for CLI lately.

Message 3 of 7
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CashBackQueen wrote:

Darn, I just got a CLI on my Wayfair card today, but it was for $800.  I really don't want a HP for that...

I got 800 at first, then went back (as advised by another member, Vu) and got another 800. It was a single hard pull, I guess because they were done the same day. You may as well go for a double dip while you can.

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It's well known now that Comenity HP's for the SCT. And now more and more even requested CLI's are starting to become HP's. Its not set in stone. Yet. But its pretty darn close now too.  Sorry about the HP. It fades quick and bye bye after 1 year from FICO.

Message 5 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Always expect a HP and be pleasantly surprised if you dont get one.
Some issuers will let you know in advance if HP is needed, so pay close attention to language before requesting.
In any case, you got a CLI from it, so it wasn't a total waste
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't there a robo-lady to call and ask with a SP or a CSR?
Someone said they called Vic Sec, when it asked if he was calling for a CLI he said "no" but he got one anyway and called back several times more, letting the robo-lady ask him again and again, and everytime he declined, he was given another CLI.
Is that how Comenity works now? 😳
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.