Comenity Sportsman's Guide Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Sportsman's Guide Visa

@Meanmchine wrote:

Totally hijacking this thread for this one post

Saw this on Amazon and thought of you Joe

https://www.amazon.com/Joe-Knows-Coffee-Handsome-Compatible/dp/B00SWDFF84/ref=sr_1_24?crid=ENG30N6F6...

OK, distraction over

Sorry Joe

Ohh la lah....tall, dark, and handsome..lol

Message 21 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Comenity Rocks/ Sand / Closing story

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear AJCSmiley Sad  Do other creditors have problems with your EQ or just Comenity?

Sometimes yes but for the most part if they pull it it means they seen my report.  

@Meanmchine , lol, thanks for the hijack. FunnySmiley Happy sometimes i go to the dark place and need a laughSmiley Wink

Its official, Zales is closed, sorry LadiesSmiley Wink. Im no longer affiliated with Comenity nor will i ever apply for anything by them. When one door closes another opensSmiley Wink....maybe🤔

Message 22 of 33
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Well, i was going to start out with I hate Comenity lol but ill just settle for Comenity can kick rocks and pound sand😠

Recently apped for the Sportsmsn Guide Visa card and after unlocking my Eq ( had a previous try but letter said couldnt access cr) i got an immediate pull on Equifax. How slow is Comenity on mailing an AA letter? Letter dated May 23th and we are now on June 10th.

Figured it would be a call in to verify letter. Lol, guess what? Yeah, same reason as before, they couldnt verify me due to credit report not accessible. Fico me, ya got to be kidding me right Comenity!. You couldnt verify me after giving me a hp?. Complete waste of a bank and im glad it turned out this way. Tonight, been meaning to do this awhile now, i sent a secured message to close my $9250 Zales cc. Useless eyecandy anyway and im now officially out of the Comenity Bank game. Thank you Comenity for allowing me to see the errors of my ways. You could offer me 10 years 0% apr or bt and i wouldnt touch another card with your logo if you paid me 😎

Sorry bro, but not, I hate them myself, in fact just waiting for them to send something about blispay so I can have the pleasure of cancelling on them.....I HATE them......BTW did I mention I hate comenity?  LOL YOU are better than that bank!!!

Message 23 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks @odd_dog Smiley Happy.

It was funny , was thinking of ya the other day being as its been awhile since ive seen you post then the very next day i saw you post somewhere lol. Why couldnt i do that with the lottwry? Lol.

Yeah, Comenity be cray cray and the warning signs about them are everywhere. I get a Disco denial letter within 3 , 4 days, ( ok so in bunches haha) and it takes them 2 weeks to send a letter?. I checked, my hp was on 22nd of May, letter dated 23th, wtfico? I lost $9250 in util buffer but i gained 100% happiness 😄 in closing them out of my life. Cheers my friendSmiley Happy
Message 24 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit hopefully you had your exp and eq unfrooze as they hp one and sp the other... did you?

Message 25 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ah, actually i didnt @CreditCuriosity . Interesting. I had unlocked Eq and as soon as i got the hp alert i locked it back up. Never know if they try to double pull same report lol. Ex is my only frozen report. Would make sense especially being i have fraud alerts.They should at least mention Oh well , what is done, be done. Ive been meaning to close out Comenity anyway. Good data point for future though, thanks.
Message 26 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh lordie, thanks for mentioning that @CreditCuriosity . I was so mad at the letter i actually just assumed it was in regards to Equifax . Lol the letter here is in front of me looking like world war 3 as ive been using it to jot some stuff down haha. As i sit here drinking my coffee i actually looked again after you mentioned Ex and funny enough thats who is mentioned, not Eq . OopsieSmiley Wink But im not going to take a double pull for the card so ill let it rest. Thanks again.
Message 27 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

NP i suppose live and learn right

Message 28 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, it says i can reapply in 30 days so no to taking more hps. Smiley Wink
Message 29 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Oh lordie, thanks for mentioning that @CreditCuriosity . I was so mad at the letter i actually just assumed it was in regards to Equifax . Lol the letter here is in front of me looking like world war 3 as ive been using it to jot some stuff down haha. As i sit here drinking my coffee i actually looked again after you mentioned Ex and funny enough thats who is mentioned, not Eq . OopsieSmiley Wink But im not going to take a double pull for the card so ill let it rest. Thanks again.

Wouldnt of been a DP it would of been a HP on EQ it appear and SP on Experian although obviously if you went for it after 30 days you would have two EQ pulls..  Anyways a great BT card, but apr for normal stuff sucks now as of 7/22 or whaty with ever all cards are going to have a 26.99 apr and doing away with tiers of credit it appears in that sense..  Although great still for a BT card Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.