cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity. To accept pre-approval or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity. To accept pre-approval or not?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity. To accept pre-approval or not?

I wouldn't.. But I am also curious, did you take it?

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this pre-approval email today, but you have to enter a code to accept it and the area that was supposed to have the code is completely blank.

It looked like this:

https://milled.com/Bonton/youre-pre-approved-sqtugZ6gCB2Sb6qJ

You’ll see the area in grey where the approval number is supposed to be is blank. I could probably call, but I absolutely hate talking on the phone, so I guess I won’t be taking this offer. Makes me sad, because I actually would really use this card a lot. It’s also the very first pre-approval I’ve got.

Tried the shopping cart trick after logging in with the same email they sent the approval to (already had an account), but I got no pop up.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a 5-digit number in brackets at the very bottom of the email and decided to try this number in the pre-screen field. It appeared to work, so I filled out the form. Then I got an error that said, “We’re sorry. We are unable to complete your request right now.”

No wonder they are potentially facing bankruptcy?

No number in the email to accept the offer, I emailed them at like 9 AM an never got a response, tried this code and it seemed to work but got the error... one thing after another.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the deal.  I feel like banks read the forums so I am always a little careful not to reveal something that just happened and so forth.  That's why I edited my original post.

I had 12 Comenity cards one time.  I had 4 co-branded Comenity cards.  I am down to nothing but 2 co-branded Comenity cards and probably will close one of those.

I am always skeered Comenity will AA me so I tread lightly now.  I got a pre-approval for the Bon-Ton card after 30 dozen times of trying the SCT and not getting the popup.

I thought a $30,000 CL in less than a year sounded awesome because I have all the big bank major cards I ever want.

Then I read Bon-Ton was near bankruptcy.  So is J. Crew.  There could be a good reason these stores are handing out big limits hoping their card holders will spend some cash and keep the stores out of bankruptcy.

I'm not sure it's worth the HP if the store goes under soon.  And what if Comenity shuts me down completely.  So no I did not bite on the pre-approval....yet.  The offer is good until, get this, the same day Sportman's Guide's offer ends of no fees, and a year's 0% interests on balance transfers.

I was going to do a BT of a little over $900 from my Blispay card whose promo is almost ended but what if Comenity shuts me down if I go for the Bon-Ton card.

Message 5 of 14
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Got the same offer on two of my emails..I shop online and never SCT for meSmiley Sad  What is strage is that there is no #...could be that a glitch?

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there is a glitch. Not only did I get no number, but the URL used to work when I clicked the ad. Now it redirects to www..Com which isn't a real website of course. I wonder if they mistakenly sent that to their entire customer base.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is definitely a glitch. I called the number in the email and got a recorded message saying they are aware than a number of people received a pre-approved offer and are experiencing difficulty claiming the offer and they are currently investigating the issue. They said they will be reaching out to all affected parties as soon as they have a resolution. 

I don’t know if this means the pre-approvals were sent in error or if there is just a problem with people claiming the offer and the approval is legit, but I guess we will see.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schizo bank struck again.

Message 9 of 14
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

40018_0831_noncardhold_nonapproved_bonton.jpg

Just got this email.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.