Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Total Rewards: Pre Approval! Helppppp

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity Total Rewards: Pre Approval! Helppppp

@Anonymous 

pardon the delay but just seeing your question. I've tried for the last year or so and never got the pop-up. I logged into my TR account to check hotel rates and bam there it was.

So just logged into mybTR acct to book a room and pre-approval popped again. This time I made sure not to touch screen. Back in February I was approved for a Williams Sonoma store card which is probably why the application was pre-populated.

Now I'm tried to decide if now is good to apply. I've opened that WS store card and got a PenFed approval both in Feb so kinda Leary that Comenity might get spooked but I don't want to risk losing the pre-approval. 

decisions, decisions!!!!

Message 11 of 18
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

I totally forgot I had TR account - will have to try that pre-approval...

As for Comenity, last month, I got a $7.5K SL on a SP - Sportsman's Guide VISA card which was nice as there was no HP.

I used the SCT.

Wonder if TR will be the same - here I go and try../

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've been trying to get that pop up for awhile now myself.

congrats on getting the pop up..keep us updated on when everything is processed and fully approved.

Message 13 of 18
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@4sallypat 

Please let us know. Good Luck.

I'm planning a trip to Vegas in June so need to get the card to help me quickly regain my status with Caesars.

Message 14 of 18
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@Anonymous 

Have you tried the recommended: going incognito, clearing cookies and cache; using a different browser, etc? If not, I've read alot of posts that it helps to get the pre-approval to pop up. Good Luck

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, i've tried incognito and clearing cookies and cache.

only tried chrome and explorer so far..still nothing.

i'll eventually will just cold app but waiting until i close on my home first.

Message 16 of 18
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

1. @Aspireto850 I logged into my TR account from 2018 and this pop up showed up - Safari browser - pop up disabled.

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 6.23.04 AM.pngA

Anyone know what the rewards are ?

Do they pay out in chips ???

For me, the tier upgrade from Gold to Platinum may be worthwhile but I wonder if it will result in a HP ?

Last month I got a Comentiy SG Visa using the SCT and it was a SP approval for $7,5K.

Message 17 of 18
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@4sallypat 

WooHoo on the pop-up!

I've read on here that TR Visa will likely be a HP and it may not show up for a few days. In terms of the perks, not sure if you're referencing the card or the Total Rewards players perk. BTW, having been Platinum level with total rewards players card it's worthwhile. Given my play level and frequent trips to Vegas, pre-covid, I almost always stayed at Nobu complimentary and at platinum level you automatically get a 3 day trip to one of 4 locations like Atlantis, Dubai, etc.

Let me know when you get approved!!! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.