cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity & Synchrony luv buttons - how often?

tag
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

Comenity & Synchrony luv buttons - how often?

How often do Comenity & Synchrony handout SP CLIs using the luv button?  I've looked through the forum and I can't seem to nail down a pattern for either...

TCL: $397.4k
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity & Synchrony luv buttons - how often?

For Comenity, it depends on which store card, previous threads suggest every 4 months for the BJ's Perks Card. 

Generally 3-6 months is customary for all cards.

I think with Synch you can hit the luv button every month (I could be wrong)

@DJRobbieD wrote:

How often do Comenity & Synchrony handout SP CLIs using the luv button?  I've looked through the forum and I can't seem to nail down a pattern for either...

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity - it’s going to be some unknown minimum, adjusted based on your spend and profile. Lately I’ve been on a two-month interval for the two I’ve had for over a year (VS and Wayfair). I got Overstock a few weeks ago and once it showed up and I made my online access, I got a 3x CLI via luv button. Others are different. You’ll have to just try them, and keep track of your increase dates to try and dope out a pattern.

Synch seems a little more set, with most cards on a 3-4 month interval that I’ve seen. I imagine the Marvel card, being their top card, isn’t as frequent. I’ve hit on Lowe’s twice on the three-month pattern.
Message 3 of 22
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

For me:

Comenity (store) every 1-2 month(s) vs/mc every 4 months

Synchrony store/vs/mc between 2 to 12 months lol. I would say every 4-6mo on average.

My Cathay Pacific was approved for 5k and received just $37 increase few months back and nothing yet

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Sync store cards are all on 3 month schedules. 

I haven't succeeded in getting an increase on PayPal but I did start at $8K and my credit seeking has been pretty absurd. 

Message 5 of 22
devilnic
Contributor

I just received one in August with amazon Synchrony for 1500 more. Then this morning I hit it again and bam another 1,500!

Overstock Received one as well in august for 550 more. Then this morning I hit it again and bam another 800! 

My overstock has a $0 balance and my amazon has a 500 dollar balance if that helps. Also, I try every month for both cards. So it looks to be every 3 months they give.

Starting Score: 612
Goal Score: 850

Credit Cards: Capital One Spark Visa $700 6/8/2002 19 yrs | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards $15,000 9/24/2014 7 years | Victoria's Secret $4100 11/17/2014 7 years | Amazon $6000 12/1/2015 6 years | Discover Miles #1 $6300 1/19/2017 4 years | Navy Federal AmEx $10,000 7/6/2017 4 years | American Express Hilton Honors Surpass $2000 4/30/2019 3 years | American Express Everyday Preferred$1000 8/24/2019 2 year | Home Depot $5000 7/06/2017 4 years | Overstock $14,150 5/12/2019 2years | Chase Slate $1800 9/24/2019 2 years | Discover IT #2 $9,000 9/24/2019 2 years | FNBO Evergreen $11,300 11/24/2021 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 11/26/2021
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every 2 months for Comenity for me. (store cards)

So far Synch says no soup for me. I'm at 5 months on Rakuten (Visa) and nothing. It may be one of the 6 month cards. I'll know in few weeks.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Comenity LUV button tonight folks... Someone broke it. Thoughts and prayers... Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 22
zerofire
Valued Contributor

With Comenity it depends on who the co-brand is and how lenient that brand is. Generally they are a few as 2mo or as much as 5mo.

With Synchrony it still depends on the co-brand but most agree to listen to Synchrony at 3-4mo. Usually it is 3 statements.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 9 of 22
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Comenity and Synchrony the Twins of Luv Buttons
It’s truly dependent on which cards you have

I have to agree the button should be Bat Attack every 90 days to 6months!!! Especially when it’s a SP.

Keep track of the Luv rinse and repeat
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.