cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity & Synchrony luv buttons - how often?

tag
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity & Synchrony luv buttons - how often?

Now that you mention it I think it is that time again to play whack-a-lender and see what prize falls out.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 11 of 22
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@DJRobbieD wrote:

How often do Comenity & Synchrony handout SP CLIs using the luv button?  I've looked through the forum and I can't seem to nail down a pattern for either...

The old "rule of thumb" for Sync was every 4 statements.  So if you didn't actually generate a statement, you could delay your CLI chances.   My last Sync CLI was for PPC, but that was too recent for me to have success again with the LUV button.   I had only had auto-CLIs previously with PPC.   I'm hoping that I won't have wait 4 statements with PPC, but we'll see.  

Comenity is all over the map.  Overstock seemed to hand them out monthly and J. Crew even more often than that, but most seemed to be every 3-4 months after your first CLI.   However, the first CLI could take a while, depending on the CC.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 22
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Folks I'm sorry--  Don't know the best practices well enough yet here-- do people prefer you to open an older, recent thread for similar/same topics or start a whole new one?  I'd think the former, so that's what I'm doing here. 

Comenity Cards opened from Williams Sonoma in April 19 and Overstock in May 19.  Certainly, I use the Overstock card more often than the WS. I've carried a small balance in OS for a couple of months at a stretch.  For WS, I buy a spoon or some such nonsense once every quarter or so, and pay it off.   I'm due for another purchase there.  (I'm honestly not a big fan of WS' over-priced junk, but what the heck?)  

In October, I hit the LUV Button on my Overstock card and was granted a CLI from 1500 to 3000.   Very shortly thereafter,  I went to WS to try same and got a denial. "Too recent," it said. 

I assume that meant, "we're not giving you this one, 'cause we just gave you that one,"  but who knows? (Anyone?)  

In the opinion of the group, is WS a harder card to CLI?  Any recommended guidelines on when to try again?   

Has anyone had any luck with a cli with a cart full of stuff?  Would it help me to spend more there and maybe carry a small balance for a month or 2? 

Finally,  if I'm in the garden (like..  as-of today) and I'm new to gardening...   and I don't want to risk HP, should I skip this entirely and simply grin and bear the low limit at WS?  

Thank you! 

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pit-Smoker wrote:

... Comenity Cards opened from Williams Sonoma in April 19 and Overstock in May 19 ...  is WS a harder card to CLI?   

... I don't want to risk HP, should I skip this entirely and simply grin and bear the low limit at WS?  

I can share my experience. I have two Commenity cards -- Wayfair & Overstock, both opened roughly 1 1/2 years ago. WF started at $1000 CL, OS at $500 CL. They are now at 19K and 18.5K respectively. I've put a couple thousand spend on OS and barely a couple of hundred on WF. But I CLI request both at the same time and these results have been identical. 

As to HP/SP CLI requests: there is a thread elsewhere on this topic, tracking current trends. My experience has been all SP (Note: several times when given a CLI I've requested a 2nd one immediately and been given another one of the identical amount) except for last February when I got double HPs. I'm on a every two month cycle at present. 

Good luck.

Message 14 of 22
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Thank you, James! 

-- that's a start!  I did see someone else on this board get a CLI from one but then not a CLI on their WS card.  I'll keep posting my experiences. 

Still on topic-- I hit the LUV button today for my Synchrony Amazon card and doubled my limit from 1.5K to 3K.   It worked immediately, DESPITE the fact that my TU Vantage 4 with them is 600.  (I'll need to look up the difference between Vantage 3 & 4, here, I guess.)

I was a little intimidated by 2 things:  1) I needed to tell them what limit I wanted and (2) I had previously,  inadvertently and erroneously given them my income-- they want the NET-- as in, after Tax income (!?!?!  Who asks for that??)  I had previously given them my Gross.  I knocked my number down by about a third, gulped hard, and hit the button...  instant approval.  

Still interested in anyone's experiences with Comenity Williams Sonoma, if you're willing to share.  Thank you! 

Happy New Year, all.

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pit-Smoker wrote:

Thank you, James! 

-- that's a start!  I did see someone else on this board get a CLI from one but then not a CLI on their WS card.  I'll keep posting my experiences. 

Still on topic-- I hit the LUV button today for my Synchrony Amazon card and doubled my limit from 1.5K to 3K.   It worked immediately, DESPITE the fact that my TU Vantage 4 with them is 600.  (I'll need to look up the difference between Vantage 3 & 4, here, I guess.)

I was a little intimidated by 2 things:  1) I needed to tell them what limit I wanted and (2) I had previously,  inadvertently and erroneously given them my income-- they want the NET-- as in, after Tax income (!?!?!  Who asks for that??)  I had previously given them my Gross.  I knocked my number down by about a third, gulped hard, and hit the button...  instant approval.  

Still interested in anyone's experiences with Comenity Williams Sonoma, if you're willing to share.  Thank you! 

Happy New Year, all.

Congrats on the approval, and I have never heard of someone asking for the net income.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony wanted my net income for my Lowe’s card.
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony only ever has asked me for net income. 

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony also asked me for net income
Message 19 of 22
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the input, all-- 

So... when you're looking to build credit, reduce util, and you're looking for SP CLIs,  How much do you generally find yourselves asking for with these guys?  10, 20% more at a time?   I mean, they can't double it forever.  

2021 goals: 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.