Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity card increases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity card increases

So back in December right before Christmas I opened both a VS and NY&Co accounts each with starting limits of 250 . After the 3rd statement i started trying for CLI's , each time i got the account too new letter .Well today just for kicks I clicked the button, close my eyes and when I opened them to my suprise an increase was approved . So I went to the other site did the same thing and again approved , tried then for another increase but the system said no .

Later this evening when I got home , tried my luck again , and yup another increase . So I pushed my luck again ....and I was cutoff for the day . Each card went up 400 bringing it to 650 on each😊. I cant and wont complain , but when should i try again for increases ? As im just looking to drop my untilization lower . Both accounts are now 6 months old .
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity card increases

@Anonymous wrote:
So back in December right before Christmas I opened both a VS and NY&Co accounts each with starting limits of 250 . After the 3rd statement i started trying for CLI's , each time i got the account too new letter .Well today just for kicks I clicked the button, close my eyes and when I opened them to my suprise an increase was approved . So I went to the other site did the same thing and again approved , tried then for another increase but the system said no .

Later this evening when I got home , tried my luck again , and yup another increase . So I pushed my luck again ....and I was cutoff for the day . Each card went up 400 bringing it to 650 on each😊. I cant and wont complain , but when should i try again for increases ? As im just looking to drop my untilization lower . Both accounts are now 6 months old .

Usually every other month

Message 2 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats, and I think you can do it pretty frequently. Once a month might not be bad as suggested above. Just be careful because lately I've been reading where Commenity has been acting a bit tough on people for various reasons.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well just for some data, I have 4 Commenity cards. My husband has 2.  All are 4 months old.  I'm getting regular monthly increases on Overstock and JCrew, which are up to $4200 and $1700 respectively.  I've gotten nothing from Sportsman's Guide (though other my fico threads say this one takes 6 months) or Brylane Home.  Husband has gotten nothing from Eddie Bauer or Victoria's Secret.  All 6 cards get used lightly and PIF every month.

edit: Actually, I've only used BrylaneHome once.  That place is the absolute worst.  It's like Walmart's rejects.  It's in the sock drawer permanently.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 of their cards thought about getting an increase but the only one I really use is Express might try for an increase hmmmm..... 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info , from what I have read comenity is all over the place with card holders it seems like everyone has whats normal for them . I will hit the button again next months and see what my pattern is and update you guys
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alexandria , go for it and let me know what happens , how long have you held your cards
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had them since March of this year. Love Express the others eh. Do you remember which report they pulled?
Message 8 of 12
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Are all of these CLI request resulting in HP's from Commenity? I would be careful with that.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas4Play wrote:

Are all of these CLI request resulting in HP's from Commenity? I would be careful with that.

Commenity has only ever given me a SP.  I make sure it has been 31 days and request every month when I PIF my statement.  I'm not going to request CLI on the Sportsmans Guide anymore now that I've found threads here saying it is only every 6 months.  I'll keep requesting it for Overstock and JCrew, because so far they keep giving it every 31 days.  If they AA and close the whole lot of them, it won't really hurt me.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.