Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity denied

I applied with comenity recently too, and I was denied for first party fraud.
When I called Experian, they said there wasn’t any fraud on my account but the only thing they could come up with is to many accounts in collections or (one credit card I didn’t make any payments on because I lost my Job) . When i called comenity they said they were 100% sure why it flagged it as that but it could have been a general response to my application. I have sent in a dispute for it through Experian. Saying “fraud” is extreme because I am not in anyway committing fraud. I just lost a job like most people have experienced.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity denied

What is your dispute?  The reason for your denial will not be on your credit report. It sounds like it's just on the denial letter.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was concerned it would show up on a credit report. Because inquiries are shown, but are the denial reasons shown too?
Message 3 of 8
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

No, Denial reasons are not disclosed.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exact same thing happened to me last year when I applied for the Ulta card. I was shocked being I had several cards through Comenity at that point. Now looking back I am glad I didn't get another card from that lender as I have learned there are much better cards out there. I have 4 Comenity cards left but 2 are getting axed soon. Sorry about your experience with Comenity. 

Message 6 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats a general response from Comenity these days is to state, "high probability of fraud". If they see more than 3 inquiries (my number, not theirs), they think fraud, ridiculous.

Once you get your denial letter, you'll see all the reasons for the denial listed.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is interesting to me due to the fact I had opened probably  5 new cards within the 6 months prior. I'm not planning on opening any new Comenity cards but this is a good bit of info to hold on to just incase I would change my mind.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.