Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity needs to get with the times.

tag
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Comenity needs to get with the times.

Received pre-approval via SCT for king-size direct.

This was the last card I wanted before going to the garden.

Filled out info, instant approval of $500. Card adding as payment method in checkout.

I accidentally clicked something which exited the browser.

Log back in...it's all gone. Can't get the pop-up to appear again.

After speaking to a floor manager

-No one in comenity, other than the credit review people have access to any approval information.

- They cannot be reached via phone.

So now, even though this is 2017, I have to wait for a letter in the mail.

This company needs to get with the times, most other CCC have instant electronic access to this type of information.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Comenity needs to get with the times.

Well crap. And that start limit is the absolute tops i think for that card on a new approval.

I had a few good ones like that from the SCT. Vicky Secret was even higher.

You hate to lose out on a screen error BUT.........

If you entered your info and it was accepted and then approved you should have the card coming to your mailbox soon. At the very least you will get a preapproval for it but from what you describe it should be already in-process as they say.

It can be rough getting through to their credit services but it can be done. Just note that they let the computer run things for the most part when going through preappovals online.

You won't get the pop again because in all likelihood it already went through.

Message 2 of 8
someg33k
Established Contributor

Clear cache / cookies or use another browser and try again.. should work.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

CleaningUp, i'm rooting for you, I really am.  Your frustration and antics remind me of George Costanza from Seinfeld, and even myself.  But still, I have to say this is probably the first and only time I have ever read this!!!

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm ditching my Total Rewards Visa when the payment clears.  I'll only have the Sportsman's Guide Visa left with them.  A couple more days and the 4 months and 1 day is up.  Time for another CLI.  I only held on to these two because their statements cut in the first week of the month and that allows me to start buying things and the payment not be owed for 50 days.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry this happened OP.

Comenity Capital was actually one of the few CCC to make my card available for use before the actual plastic card arrived. I remember Kohls/Cap1 made me wait until the physical card came.

In exciting news if you were approved the nice shiny plastic card should be on its way Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the 10-day message because I had to use an old name/address/phone combination and i updated it to my current info, however I was able to get the pop up again using guest checkout and the exact same name/address/phone combination I used to get the pop up before, however I DID have to use a different email. I tried three times, and each time it did NOT pop when I used an email address I had already used, but when I cleared out of Chrome and went into a new incognito session and used the same info with a NEW email, it popped every time.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

Filled out info, instant approval of $500. Card adding as payment method in checkout.

I accidentally clicked something which exited the browser.

Log back in...it's all gone. Can't get the pop-up to appear again.

After speaking to a floor manager

-No one in comenity, other than the credit review people have access to any approval information.

- They cannot be reached via phone.

So now, even though this is 2017, I have to wait for a letter in the mail.

This company needs to get with the times, most other CCC have instant electronic access to this type of information.

Same thing happened with me with Pottery Barn... Called up Comenity and they said they couldn't give number over phone but if I go to store they can give me the number.  So that is what I did.  They called in and got automated system that gave me the number.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.