Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming out of the Garden

tag
JAlex2014
Established Member

Coming out of the Garden

Been in the Garden for about a year and a half. 

I've been getting some credit card offers in the mail and decided to pull the trigger two new cards. 

I was instantly approved for the Discover IT card for $4,500 and the Amazon Prime Visa Card for $2,500 w/ $70 Amazon gift card.  Smiley Happy

I decided to give a product change a try with Chase and Capital One. To my surprise, it was pretty easy. Capital one online chat took 5 minutes, and a quick phone call to chase and I got my cards changed.  I upgraded my Capital One Platinum Visa to the Venture One card and got my Chase Slate card upgraded to the Saphire Preferred with a 1.5K CLI. 

Last Month, I tried the AMEX 3x CLI and was given a 10K limit. from 4K. Didn't want to get shot down, so I requested a 10K limit instead of 12K... 

Now it's time I go back into the Garden and let the two new accounts age... Smiley Tongue

Bank of America Alaska CC $20,400 | Citi Double Cash $19,000 | Citi Simplicity $9,100 | AMEX Blue Cash $24,000 | AMEX Platinum | Chase Amazon $6,500 | Chase Freedom $9,600 | Chase Sapphire $5,000 | NordicTrack $3,400 | Capital One Venture $10,900 | Capital One Plat $750 | Discover IT $8,000 | Best Buy $4,000 | Synchrony Mattress Firm $22,000 | Ikea Projekt $19,000

Total CL: $161,650
Util: 4%

AAoA: 4.5 Years

Current FICO Scores 06/21 - (EX - 776, TU- 787, EQ 770)
Starting FICO Scores 8/12 - (EX - 649, TU 651, EQ 643)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Coming out of the Garden

@JAlex2014 wrote:

I've been getting some credit card offers in the mail and decided to pull the trigger two new cards. 

I was instantly approved for the Discover IT card for $4,500 and the Amazon Prime Visa Card for $2,500 w/ $70 Amazon gift card.  Smiley Happy

I decided to give a product change a try with Chase and Capital One. To my surprise, it was pretty easy. Capital one online chat took 5 minutes, and a quick phone call to chase and I got my cards changed.  I upgraded my Capital One Platinum Visa to the Venture One card and got my Chase Slate card upgraded to the Saphire Preferred with a 1.5K CLI. 

Last Month, I tried the AMEX 3x CLI and was given a 10K limit. from 4K. Didn't want to get shot down, so I requested a 10K limit instead of 12K... 

Now it's time I go back into the Garden and let the two new accounts age... Smiley Tongue

Congrats on both of your new cards!

I have a quick question for you.  That year and a half in the garden sounds similar to my situation until 2 recent applications, and was curious if you had a 2 year application "spree" planned prior to this?  If so, do you plan to let these cards age 6 months and return to the original 2 year date for the spree, or wait longer than your 2 year gardening date would have been?  Either way, congrats!

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on a great way of coming out of the gardenSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like your gardening made what you wanted easier to get. Congratulations to you. Well done!

Message 4 of 5
JAlex2014
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@JAlex2014 wrote:

Congrats on both of your new cards!

I have a quick question for you.  That year and a half in the garden sounds similar to my situation until 2 recent applications, and was curious if you had a 2 year application "spree" planned prior to this?  If so, do you plan to let these cards age 6 months and return to the original 2 year date for the spree, or wait longer than your 2 year gardening date would have been?  Either way, congrats!

Hi CaptianJ,

Thanks! I didn't have an app spree planned prior.  I was just super tempted by the offers and decided to go for it. When I started gardening, I was only planning on doing it for a year but I kept going after the year, didn't feel the need to get another card at the time and I wanted my AAOA to increase.  I plan on letting these accounts age for 6 - 12 months before I even consider applying for anything else. 

Bank of America Alaska CC $20,400 | Citi Double Cash $19,000 | Citi Simplicity $9,100 | AMEX Blue Cash $24,000 | AMEX Platinum | Chase Amazon $6,500 | Chase Freedom $9,600 | Chase Sapphire $5,000 | NordicTrack $3,400 | Capital One Venture $10,900 | Capital One Plat $750 | Discover IT $8,000 | Best Buy $4,000 | Synchrony Mattress Firm $22,000 | Ikea Projekt $19,000

Total CL: $161,650
Util: 4%

AAoA: 4.5 Years

Current FICO Scores 06/21 - (EX - 776, TU- 787, EQ 770)
Starting FICO Scores 8/12 - (EX - 649, TU 651, EQ 643)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.