cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commerce Bank application (can it be???)

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Commerce Bank application (can it be???)

Applied for a couple of Commerce Bank credit cards a couple of weeks ago and didn't hear anything and no HP was done.  A few days ago I applied for the Drury Inn Visa at the urging of CM7 and a post from fltireguy.  I finally got two HP's on TU from Commerce Bank on September 10th.  Wel I received this email:

Look for these helpful emails soon.Trouble viewing this email? Read it online. 

Commerce Bank | Member FDICLog in to Online Banking | ATM/Branch Locations 

As a valued Commerce Bank customer, you're more than an account number. You're a person with changin... 

FacebookTwitter

We ask, listen and solve. Commerce Bank | Member FDIC

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Commerce Bank application (can it be???)

Hang in there 12njoy.

They manually review apps in house.

I am amazed at the the flood of prequals many forum members have been seing from Commerce Bank which is a sure indication that it's their time to draw in a selection for their card products.

Message 2 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Drum roll begins........Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 22
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

When i applied in May from a mailer i got instant approval.

Message 4 of 22
12njoy
Super Contributor

I hope this is a good sign.  In the past wehn I've applied with Commerce, all I've gotten was a HP and denial letter.  Never an email from them.  Fltireguy said his approval started with an email similar to the one I received..  Now when I iniially applied my TU was on ice.  I thawed it for BBVA cli request which they never pulled.  Then I noticed Commerce hit me with 2 HP's.  I had applied a couple weeks ago for two of their cards and then last week for the Drury Visa..

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Commerce Bank is opened a window rarely seen as far as i'm concerned.

I found an auto-cli for 1K on my account with them yesterday. Thought for sure i was seeing things at first but the math eventually added up alright.

Didn't have a clue they do those and i sure didn't request one but there it was.

Message 6 of 22
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

LOL. That's the exact same email that I got

I would say that is an approval. Now wait a few days for a strange email like this where they are apparently creating a gold key account for you

so strange...before I apped for the card, I didn't have a Drury login.. 

image.jpg

Congrats on in your approval..!  I'd think your SL will show up on your reports in 7-10 days

I just got my card today.. Inq was dated 9/1, I think I applied a few days before that

oh. Also datapoint. They pulled EQ for me in the Tampa, Fl area (FYI, no hurricane damage for me at all)

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

I would say that is an approval. Now wait a few days for a strange email like this where they are apparently creating a gold key account for you

image.jpg

Congrats on in your approval..!  I'd think your SL will show up on your reports in 7-10 days

I just got my card today.. Inq was dated 9/1, I think I applied a few days before that

oh. Also datapoint. They pulled EQ for me in the Tampa, Fl area (FYI, no hurricane damage for me at all)

Relieved to hear things panned out safely for Hillsborough County (i have childhood friends in Brandon).

I was surprised! to find an auto-SP CLI on my Commerce Bank card yesterday. Had no idea they even do those.

Looks like now it's their time to draw in new card customers.

Message 8 of 22
12njoy
Super Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

image.jpg

Thanks for the info, it's very helpful.  Glad you had no damage.  A friend of mine's dad lives in FL, I think around the Northpoint area, and he said he had no damage.  I've had a Drury Inn account for over a year since trying to get this card LOL.  Let's hope this is an approval and can take me over the top

___________ 12Njoy
Message 9 of 22
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

image.jpg

Relieved to hear things panned out safely for Hillsborough County (i have childhood friends in Brandon).

I was surprised! to find an auto-SP CLI on my Commerce Bank card yesterday. Had no idea they even do those.

Looks like now it's their time to draw in new card customers.

I won't go kicking and screaming for sure LOL.  I'm all up on the door trying to get in.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.