cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community First CU - Florida - Stay away!

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

Community First CU - Florida - Stay away!

I made the mistake of accepting an auto loan from them back in Oct 22'. Their bank is archaic and frustrating. The week after I opened the car loan they sent me a pre-approval for their Visa Signature card. I decided to hold off and make some payments before applying. On Thursday last week I pulled the trigger they pulled my EXP and got a 728. They offered 20k no docs. I accepted. I was told I would have the docs to sign within the hour...Nothing. I called Friday and was told it was coming shortly...Nothing. I called in Monday and they asked me to send over the proof of residence, DL and SS. Then Tuesday it was last two paystubs. I sent them immediately. Nothing...Now I get an email they want tax returns. I don't need them or their CC or loan. I'll call them tomorrow and state my credit report information has remained the same for almost 9 years. Employment and I've been at the same residence for 22 years. At this point I will call NFCU eat the .5% and move my auto loan over and cancel my membership. Good riddance CFCU. FYI...

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Community First CU - Florida - Stay away!

Their timing and your timimg may be off. Verification many ask for all the time. Not a reason to say "stay away". If your not pleased. Transfer. I'm sure they will survive without you. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 6
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

I did the same a couple of years ago with a local credit union.  I kept trying to get documents through, and finally called their complaint line andm was told they would look into it and call me back.  They never called back, and I closed everything I had, moved my truck financing to Cap 1 Auto (they had the best apr) and paid off a personal loan I had and never looked back at them

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - $60k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Platinum - 65k
Message 3 of 6
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@tussking wrote:

I made the mistake of accepting an auto loan from them back in Oct 22'. Their bank is archaic and frustrating. The week after I opened the car loan they sent me a pre-approval for their Visa Signature card. I decided to hold off and make some payments before applying. On Thursday last week I pulled the trigger they pulled my EXP and got a 728. They offered 20k no docs. I accepted. I was told I would have the docs to sign within the hour...Nothing. I called Friday and was told it was coming shortly...Nothing. I called in Monday and they asked me to send over the proof of residence, DL and SS. Then Tuesday it was last two paystubs. I sent them immediately. Nothing...Now I get an email they want tax returns. I don't need them or their CC or loan. I'll call them tomorrow and state my credit report information has remained the same for almost 9 years. Employment and I've been at the same residence for 22 years. At this point I will call NFCU eat the .5% and move my auto loan over and cancel my membership. Good riddance CFCU. FYI...

I would have done the same thing after the taxes request.  That would have been enough for me. We all have the right to "vote" with our dollars and how and where we spend it.  I'm glad you were able to get out of there.  

If enough people felt this way and did the same thing, eventually this credit union may not survive.  As we seen in recent news headlines, banks and credit unions do not always have the upper hand.  To survive, they most definitely need us.

Message 4 of 6
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@tussking wrote:

Sounds like Alliant FCU everything is a big project for everything. A friend applied with them and it was a big ordeal for everything i thought it was his low credit score, when I applied same thing we are approving your credit card, then no then yes, pay stubs, taxes then two weeks later I was like i'm done approved for 1k. I tried to get it higher last week and they said no I have used the card for three years. I closed everything with them.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

I think it's great income is being verified. Too many people lie about their income on applications.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.