Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Amex Gold, looking for advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Considering Amex Gold, looking for advice

@Anonymous wrote:
Just got a message from Experian and it says that two of the accounts I disputed are coming off.... Woohooo.... I never thought it would happen, and I'm shocked at how quickly I got some good news. Hopefully this means the others are coming off as well. Excited to see the upcoming score changes.

That's a good reason to wait things out while the disputes are in progress.  Your scores might go up or they might go down but, either way it looks better on a manual review if you have to call someone for reconsideration on an app.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting those deleted! What site did you use to dispute those?

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inferring from the wording, I would assume OP disputed them directly on the bureau’s site.

OP, what are some details of the accounts coming off, and on what basis did you dispute them? DPs for future searches are always valuable to the collective wisdom here.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.transunion.com/credit-disputes/dispute-your-credit

https://www.equifax.com/personal/disputes/

https://usa.experian.com/#/disputeCenter

PS I googled score drop after filing a dispute and there are some horror stories that pop up, I'm not sure what the consensus here is regarding disputing but you might want to check into it prior to using it.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ImTheDevil

Once I get the results I'll make a separate post about the disputes to aid others. The two that are being dropped so far are student loans with Nav... however you spell it, plus I have two more out based on collections for those accounts. They are accounts from the early 2000s that last reported in 2014. I clicked Accounts closed and accounts settled as basis for dispute and didn't provide any additional information.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So excited.....

So I went online and checked the pre-approval process out for the CSP card and was disappointed that it didn't come up as pre approved..... But as I thought about it I decided my income should be good enough, PLUS I bank with Chase and have a good history with them so just maybe I check some boxes that wouldn't necessarily be factored into the pre-approval process. Once I decided that I could take the emotional let down of a possible denial I went ahead and submitted my app and immediately got an approval for $5k. Wooohoooo.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.
Message 16 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval OP, but which specific product were you approved for? Was it the CSP? The CSR's minimum SL is $10K.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mistake, edited the above reply CSP, it's the CSP.

Also on my current high of getting approved and being aware of the combination benefits of the CSP and the CFU decided to apply for CFU as well. I've seen others mention that doing them both in the same day will only result in one hard pull, which is great however my luck ran out and got a prompt denial.

I'm not really worried about the denial, but if it counts against my 5/24 then I may only have one spot left for a future attempt at another Chase card.

Interesting to note that I was pre-approved for the CFU and not the CSP card, but I went CSP first for obvious reasons. I guess Chase doesn't want to offer me more then 5k, and since I was so iffy on the CSP approval I can understand.
Message 18 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, you likely dodged an Adverse Action bullet per se, since more recently there's been plenty of DPs that have left some members with their Chase accounts closed whenever one "double dips" for another Chase card in a short period of time. Needless to say, congrats on the CSP approval 👍
Message 19 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Locking this thread as you have been approved @Anonymous.

Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.