Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering an app "spree"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Considering an app "spree"

I got my popcorn ... let the games begin! 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll update more in a bit. But I wanted to ask: should I apply for all of that at once from PenFed? Or space it out?

I only ask because I chanced upon a series of threads from some wacko who got caught in a bunch of lies about his credit and someone asked why he applied for a bunch of things from PenFed all in one day. Although I plan only applying for the auto finance, the PLOC and the Platinum Rewards Visa. He did like 2-3 more things than that. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I am about to contact the CRAs to take the alerts off. Here is my plan. I will think it over and do more research over this weekend, but these are my definite plan for now:

Blispay - since it's still a hidden tradeline and tends to give a good SL, I like this 

Chase Freedom Unlimited - I love the bonuses and 0% APR for 15 months

PenFed - Already have the savings. I am waiting for the alerts to come off to apply for he Checking, PLOC, Auto Finance and Platinum Rewards Visa Signature

AMEX Blue ED Cash - Love the bonuses, 0% APR for 12 months and the 10% cash back for paying my wireless bill with it

I think I like the present lineup and may leave it at this. Blispay won't show, so I'll have 5 new tradelines with only 4 inquiries (I'll check the board this weekend to see who they all pull). I don't think 4 inquiries is bad especially since I am freezing my reports after all of this. Hopefully someone will answer about the PenFed apps. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so I am about to contact the CRAs to take the alerts off. Here is my plan. I will think it over and do more research over this weekend, but these are my definite plan for now:

Blispay - since it's still a hidden tradeline and tends to give a good SL, I like this 

Chase Freedom Unlimited - I love the bonuses and 0% APR for 15 months

PenFed - Already have the savings. I am waiting for the alerts to come off to apply for he Checking, PLOC, Auto Finance and Platinum Rewards Visa Signature

AMEX Blue ED Cash - Love the bonuses, 0% APR for 12 months and the 10% cash back for paying my wireless bill with it

I think I like the present lineup and may leave it at this. Blispay won't show, so I'll have 5 new tradelines with only 4 inquiries (I'll check the board this weekend to see who they all pull). I don't think 4 inquiries is bad especially since I am freezing my reports after all of this. Hopefully someone will answer about the PenFed apps. 

Amex BCE seems like a great card in general... I would go for PenFed and Chase before the other 2 right now just because PenFed is super touchy about 'too many new accounts', and Chase.... oh Chase...

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree getting Chase first b/c of 5/24. Amex BCE is a really good card, but look into BCP too, because it could potentially be a better option depending on your grocery spend.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.