Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering app for Amex BCE, but...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering app for Amex BCE, but...

I'm considering applying for the Amex BCE but I wanted to get some advice before I attempt.

I recently just finished shopping around for auto loans, so I have 4 hard inquiries. Three of these are for auto loans, and one is for a credit card I got 15 months ago.

My AAoA is 4 years 7 months. I have a 24% utilization currently (on a balance transfer card), but I am rapidly paying that down. Highest limit cards are my Chase Freedom at $14,500 and my Discover It at $13,500.

Current Exp score is at 791.

I'm hoping to get the Amex BCE to help bring my utilization, but should I just hold off for a while until my overall profile improves? Or should I try for a different card? I don't really care about another HP because I'm not doing planning anything major for at least another 5 years, but I just don't want to waste a HP and come back declined.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Considering app for Amex BCE, but...

24% on a single card is responsible usage, so I wouldn't worry about that. Do you have balances on other cards?

AMEX will almost certainly pull Experian. How do your inquiries look on that report?

My gut says that you're probably fine for a BCE approval. But it certainly doesn't hurt to check in and do your homework first. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Have you tried the prequal site?  Your profile is much, much, in case I didn't stress it enough MUCH better than mine and I was approved.  I don't see why you would have any problems with approval.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

There are people on these boards that got approved for a BCE with scores 150 points LESS then yours.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't tried the prequal site... I'll definitely do that first though.

Also sorry I wasn't clear. I have 24% utilization over-all. Most of it is on a single card (about 50% of the CL).

Message 5 of 11
thummel
Established Contributor

I wouldn't even worry with that score and profile. Just go ahead and apply.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

As said before try prequal.  Exp. Score is good. AAOA good, Utiz good but not perfect. I doubt you will any trouble. We have the BCP and love it. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

You all gave me the confidence to do it and I was approved with a $10k SL!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conrats.

Message 9 of 11
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Good work! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.