cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual Amex CLI Denial for 1.5 years (SL = 3500)

tag
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

Continual Amex CLI Denial for 1.5 years (SL = 3500)

I got the Amex ED card in Nov 2014, SL=3500.  Also along the way, Platium, and Biz Gold, and many other cards.  Six figure income, all scores in mid 750s, other limits 45k, 30k, 24k, 17k.  Perfect credit.  Amex WILL NOT budge on that $3500 limit on that ED card.  I tried 3x on arrival, I waited, tried again, again, again, tried for 5500, denied every single time, rotating BS list of reasons.  Appeal decision every time.  DENIED.  I was even approved for a Delta Skymiles card, but NO CLI on the ED, no way.

Makes no sense to me at all.  Nice util on it each month.  PIF every account, every month, and I let them post so it shows on my bureaus.  Amex is ridiculous.  Chase, Cap1, Barclay, Fidelity, USBank, BofA, Synchrony, Citi, USAA, PenFed, and even Discover loves me (24k).  Why not Amex?

Sad state of affairs.  Cuesto non va bene!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

Re: Continual Amex CLI Denial for 1.5 years (SL = 3500)

No comments?  Anyone else have this happen?

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was declined at my 181 dsy mark, definitely hoping it doesnt become a pattern, although i am at 15k already, i still want a lil luv like everyone else ...
Message 3 of 17
trant3
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear about your issues with Amex, but this thread isnt appropriate under "approvals" board.

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 17
Basspro2
Valued Member

Everytime I try...Really thinking of dumping it. Like they say if it has no use flush it.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the reasons their giving you?
Message 6 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I've often wondered and been kind of dismayed by that very thing.

Some lenders don't seem willing to budge for a moment in spite of superb stats with a CLI on an existing card in good standing but are more than willing to extend additional credit in the form of a new account(s) with them.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX hates me for some reason. Ive been denied 5x by AMEX in the last year. Atleast you have other AMEX acounts. I would love to be in your situation with the ED card.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried my 3x on my 61st day on 05/28. They told me to go back to my corner. 😒 I was counting down the days from my approval, only to be shot down in seconds.
Message 9 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I always say there sometimes never seems to be a true method into their decisions. When you read the threads, it can be all over the place. This is with anything, not just AMEX. It surely can be a frustrating guessing game at times.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.