Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Visa card cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Costco Visa card cli

We reviewed your request to increase the credit limit on your Costco Anywhere Visa® account. We're unable to approve this request because your credit report shows a bankruptcy or financial counseling plan. 

I get declined cli everytime i request it. Is my card stuck here for 10 years or once the derogatory accounts falls off? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tussking
Established Contributor

Re: Costco Visa card cli

Same boat...I've tried for 5 years and it's the only card that have never approved a CLI. It's quite strange because Citi Best Buy has given me multiple increases.

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tussking wrote:

Same boat...I've tried for 5 years and it's the only card that have never approved a CLI. It's quite strange because Citi Best Buy has given me multiple increases.

Well I guess we are stuck with the credit limit for now then. :-/

Message 3 of 4
Quackattack

Citi is quite "picky" with the Costco card IMO. In 2019, I tried twice applying and was declined each time. I had a Simplicity since 2017 and finally just product changed to the Costco card. As I recall, February 2020 they approved me for a double cash. 

To be fair, I do have a medical bill in collections from 2015 that is actively being paid each month. Amex, Chase, and US Bank does not seem to care about the collection account as I've added approximately 11 new cards between them. Citi just two weeks ago, declined a cli from $4700 which is one of lowest limited by far. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.