Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card with 0% for 15 or 18 months 684 score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card with 0% for 15 or 18 months 684 score

Currently my score according to Cap One Creditwise and Credit Karma is 721, Discover Scorecard 699, and a recent (couple days ago) inquiry from my credit union showing a score 684. I'm looking for a card with a 0% intro APR to charge my fall tuition to ($2000). My current cards are Capital One Quicksilver $2500 CL, TJX in-store only card through Synchrony $2200 CL, and Citizens Bank Credit Card with $5500 limit. I could put it on my Citizens card but would put my utilization up high. Combined income with my husband is around 50-55k. Any suggestions on cards to apply for? I'm not eligible for federal aid for this semester which includes federal student loans, and the private lenders do not do student loans for community colleges, hence looking for a card with 0% for a decent amount of time.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Card with 0% for 15 or 18 months 684 score

try the Chase Freedom Unlimited or the Citi Double Cash maybe

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would check Capital One prequal and choose travel and see if the regular Venture pops up. If it does, you have a pretty decent shot at a $5K or higher limit since the Venture has a $5K minimum and you can shoot for the SavorOne which has 0% for 15. I would actually pull all of your FICO scores first though. If you download the Experian app, you can get a free trial of CreditWorks Premium which will show you all three bureau's scores. If you're above 680 on each bureau and you don't have recent (younger than 3 years) late payments on your reports and you have a prequal, your chance of approval is very high. 

Discover is another option for 0% for 14 months but they can be a bit of a wildcard with limits. 

I would probably avoid getting a Chase or AMEX card to toss a balance on and carry it long term. Neither Disco or Capital One seem to mind a revolving balance which makes them excellent choices. 

Message 3 of 16
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently my score according to Cap One Creditwise and Credit Karma is 721, Discover Scorecard 699, and a recent (couple days ago) inquiry from my credit union showing a score 684. I'm looking for a card with a 0% intro APR to charge my fall tuition to ($2000). My current cards are Capital One Quicksilver $2500 CL, TJX in-store only card through Synchrony $2200 CL, and Citizens Bank Credit Card with $5500 limit. I could put it on my Citizens card but would put my utilization up high. Combined income with my husband is around 50-55k. Any suggestions on cards to apply for? I'm not eligible for federal aid for this semester which includes federal student loans, and the private lenders do not do student loans for community colleges, hence looking for a card with 0% for a decent amount of time.

Hi and welcome to MyFICO

Just 2 questions: when were these cards opened and what is your UT (aggregate and on individual cards)?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One was Feb 2016 as a secured card, upgraded to Quicksilver maybe same year or next year. TJX Sept 2016. Citizens was end of last year maybe Dec 2018 but was offered as I was making a deposit, the teller said would not cause a hard pull and no inquiry showed up for it. Total UT is 23% TJX is almost paid off as I intend to keep it open but not use it as often maybe a $150 balance/2200, Cap One is highest with 1100/2500, and Citizens is about 900/5500
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I have about $5000 left on my car loan and I have student loans (deferred since I'm in school) maybe around 8k? I spent a while deciding what I wanted to go to school for unfortunately. Don't push kids to go to college when they have no idea what they want to go for.
Message 6 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Discover or Amex
Message 7 of 16
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Citi Simplicity Card has the longest 0% BT offer at 21 months and 12 months for purchases. The fee though at 5% is probably the highest out there. Keep in mind also that this card has always been reported here as NOT eligible for PC (product change) to other citi cards. 

Next on that is the BoA BankAmericard at 18 months with only 3% fee.

The rest of other cards range from 12-15 months BT offer.

I recommend a card that has at least 12 months BT offer and will be of really great use to you in terms of your spending in relation to card rewards and benefits after the BT period. 

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture I think did come up in my prequel offers yesterday. I do receive frequent offers for the Savor One card and the only reason I hesitate is because my QS started as a secured card with a $500 limit and the limit has taken so long just to get to 2500 limit. But I may give it a shot
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Venture I think did come up in my prequel offers yesterday. I do receive frequent offers for the Savor One card and the only reason I hesitate is because my QS started as a secured card with a $500 limit and the limit has taken so long just to get to 2500 limit. But I may give it a shot

The fact that Capital One boosted a secured card to $2500 tells me that you would likely be very successful. 

My QS started life as a $300 unsecured Plat and is now an $8250 QS and they approved me for a $10K SavorOne last month despite low income ($18K) and all the credit seeking I have done in the last 24 months (every card in my signature is less than 2 years old except for the QS which is close to 5 1/2). Capital One rewards loyalty. The only thing that gives me a bit of pause is the balance you're carrying on your current card but Capital One isn't really known for caring about making money off of interest either so that might even work in your favor. If you have the prequal, it's definitely an excellent option and your profile is right where Capital One and Disco both like it to be. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.