cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Journey - AMEX BCE Prequal - Denied - Cap1 Prequal SaverOne - Denied - want a 3rd card.

tag
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Re: Want a 2nd Visa or MC card as a backup. Thinfile How to approach this?

It seems that you are on the right path, it was slow going for me too. Feels like I'm in the low limit trenches for now. 3/2/2 HP's aren't the end of the world. After my car buying experience last year it'll be another 13 months before I'm single digits again.

After a little proper aging Amex will open up. They did for me, with a 500 SL lol

Good luck with the journey 👍
Message 121 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mv350 wrote:
It seems that you are on the right path, it was slow going for me too. Feels like I'm in the low limit trenches for now. 3/2/2 HP's aren't the end of the world. After my car buying experience last year it'll be another 13 months before I'm single digits again.

After a little proper aging Amex will open up. They did for me, with a 500 SL lol

Good luck with the journey 👍

With that said I think AMEX is full of crap for the reason for denial. At least Sync and Cap1 were more honest. I did get a letter today from them saying that federal regulations requries them to determine my ability to pay and was denied due to my income and/or assets being too low. Ok, If such is the case why did target just give me a $500 CLI? You could have given me a 500 SL or been more upfront and honest and say my credit is too new...

With that said I wont app with them down the road. Their cards aren't that great at the end of the day and still do have acceptance issues. WF Propel still has my interest but it still carries the AMEX acceptance problems. 

Message 122 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

All FI's have their own very different income requirements when approving applications. 

Message 123 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm thinking about asking WF for a modest increase form $1500 to $2000. I did ask for $3,000 awhile ago and they said no. Thinking if i ask for something smaller like this they might give me it. Bad idea?

I guess worst is they say no again and it's a SP anyhow. 

Message 124 of 125
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm thinking about asking WF for a modest increase form $1500 to $2000. I did ask for $3,000 awhile ago and they said no. Thinking if i ask for something smaller like this they might give me it. Bad idea?

I guess worst is they say no again and it's a SP anyhow. 

They usually counter if the amount requested cannot be approved.  So, you're welcome to try them again, but I would imagine the results would be similar to the last.   Give it a whirl and see what happens.

Message 125 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.