cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Journey - AMEX BCE Prequal - Denied - Cap1 Prequal SaverOne - Denied - want a 3rd card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapitalOne SavorOne denied after pre-qualified offer

And if you're going to pay $95 you might as well get BCP for 6% on groceries / streaming services and the other tiers of rewards associated with it.

image.png

Message 51 of 125
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Just wanted to chime in, everyone is bashing on OP for wanting a SavorOne and claiming the $95 AF, but only the Savor carries the AF. The SavorOne does not. Only difference is the groceries is 3% on the Savor One instead of 4% on the Savor, and the SUB is $150 on SavorOne instead of $300.

OP, I would cool it for 6-12 months and then try again if you really want that card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 52 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

nobody's bashing the OP omar, and you must read more carefully because i said the savor has an AF, not savorOne. Also, neither one has got 3% or 4% on groceries like you are saying. Cat Frustrated

Message 53 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL so being curious CK now says my approval chances for a "Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards for Average Credit" is Poor. With a worse vantage score and higher utlization it said very good. An extra HP takes it from very good to poor? Total nonsense as others have said. Not that I'm applying for anymore credit for the next year just was curious. 

Is CK really just a marketing tool for advertisers and it's only usage is just for some free credit monitoring? Vantage score is mostly pointless. 

Message 54 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

i can tell you, the card approval chances listed on places like that are just baloney. it's all a marketing gimmick to try and push you into applying so that they'll get a referral fee. even the ones on experian are phoney. so if you don't get a preapproval directly on the website of the creditcard issuer basically forget it. your odds went to poor because they know you apped and got denied, it's got nothing to do with the inq. my odds for every single card in existance shot up to "best" on experian now that they know i got approved for amex and barclays. they're saying i can get chase and a citi cards now, that's a total lie and i know it.

so it's a better way to just look on the forum here in the approval section to see your chances of approvals for each card. that's why i was saying to you what your odds are like on the uber card. knowing examples of approval criteria is helpful for knowing what to app for and when to do it.

Message 55 of 125
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL so being curious CK now says my approval chances for a "Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards for Average Credit" is Poor. With a worse vantage score and higher utlization it said very good. An extra HP takes it from very good to poor? Total nonsense as others have said. Not that I'm applying for anymore credit for the next year just was curious. 

Is CK really just a marketing tool for advertisers and it's only usage is just for some free credit monitoring? Vantage score is mostly pointless. 

Exactly. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 56 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly. 

Just for more data points being curious... Somehow I was pre-selected on CK for CreditOne and now it's fair approval chances with the credit one pre-selected offer revoked... Chances go down when my score improves for something that is extremely easy to get what? Maybe they'll stop sending me their crap now Smiley Happy Perhaps this is encourgement to micromanage my payments so my UTL is 5% or lower.

Hopefully this post adds some datapoints about CKs crap. 

I want to see if CreditOne would pre-qualify me now or just deny me for the entertainment but that is a bad idea. I'll see if they send me more stuff in the mail. 

Message 57 of 125
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

Have you thought about doing a self-lender loan to give you a better credit mix, which helps your FICO score and credit file?  I also want the SavorOne one day.    I thought their pre-quals were solid, so that is surprising you were denied.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 58 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jannelo wrote:

Have you thought about doing a self-lender loan to give you a better credit mix, which helps your FICO score and credit file?  I also want the SavorOne one day.    I thought their pre-quals were solid, so that is surprising you were denied.

Just looked and it doesn't interest me as it costs me money and no plans to borrow money right now. 

Message 59 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're lending yourself money and in most cases get paid interest on the collateral you put into the account.

Message 60 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.