Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma. Get approved or get $50

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Credit Karma. Get approved or get $50

Logged in on the phone to check things and this pop up was found.

"We’re so confident in our technology, we’re putting our money where our mouth is. Compare a mix of offers based on your credit profile– if you apply for one marked with the Karma Guarantee and aren’t approved, we pay you $50."

https://www.creditkarma.com/karma-guarantee 

Screenshot_20221029-152821_Credit Karma.jpg

So I go to look. Very Good on some cards. 720's. No Guarantee's. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Karma. Get approved or get $50

I was guaranteed the prosper card and the lovely upgrade and prosper loans 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 63
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I dont trust ck, they say i have very good odds on 2 wf cards when i just got denied 2 months ago and 3 cap 1 cards when i already hold the max cap 1 cards.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 3 of 63
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

I dont trust ck, they say i have very good odds on 2 wf cards when i just got denied 2 months ago and 3 cap 1 cards when i already hold the max cap 1 cards.

I don't think anyone trust them 😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 63
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Indigo card for me how awesome! lol... 

Message 5 of 63
CreditMarathoner
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Indigo card for me how awesome! lol... 

Me too.  Guarantee to be approved for the Indigo card.  1.5% cash back and a higher annual fee than my CSP.  Rebuilder card?  LOL... my scores are WELL in the 800s... FICOs even higher than Vantage 3.0.

It's like when I looked for Amex preapprovals and they told me to try the Credit One card! Smiley Very Happy

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 6 of 63
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

I don't think anyone trust them 😂😂

True dat. $50 per HP? Pass.

Message 7 of 63
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

i have a feeling they wil only gaurantee cards that are sub prime that either dont hard pull someones credit or approve just about anybody... i would be shocked to see the CK Gaurantee for cards like AMEX or the likes. On my app i have good for all amex cards and outstanding for all the subprime (these cards never go away for me) with the CKG on only the subrpime cards. I would like to be proven wrong tho - would be cool to be able to get 50 bucks after applying with places like Citi and getting denied, would make the hard inquiry hurt a lot less lol

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 8 of 63
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Well isn't this interesting...

CitiKarma.png

I admit the idea of having another Custom Cash (via PC) is slightly interesting, but truthfully I don't really need it. 

If I was more adventurous I'd go through the motions just to collect the $50, since I'm fairly sure I'm maxed-out with Citi (not to mention my Citi apps always go to manual review).  It's not meant to be, though, so I'll continue to sit on my hands. Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 63
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Well isn't this interesting...

CitiKarma.png

I admit the idea of having another Custom Cash (via PC) is slightly interesting, but truthfully I don't really need it. 

If I was more adventurous I'd go through the motions just to collect the $50, since I'm fairly sure I'm maxed-out with Citi (not to mention my Citi apps always go to manual review).  It's not meant to be, though, so I'll continue to sit on my hands. Smiley Indifferent

Then if you know you'll be denied, go make an easy $50!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.