Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma. Get approved or get $50

tag
AceTen
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Karma. Get approved or get $50

I got the $50 offer on the Citi Double Cash. I have no relationship with Citi so that is interesting and I am curious! But sorry, I can't try it because I am saving my next hard pull for the $900 sub chase ink cash or the chase reserve with a nice sub.

Karma Guarantee

Great for high flat-rate cash back††

Citi® Double Cash Card

997 reviews
Karma Guarantee: You'll be approved or CK will pay you $50.
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
Message 11 of 63
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

Here are my Karma Guarantees!!

Prosper Card

Credit One Bank Platinum Visa

Cerulean Mastercard

Indigo Mastercard Cashback Rewards

Message 12 of 63
805orbust
Valued Contributor

We definitely aren't their target demographic! 🤣🤣

Message 13 of 63
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

I like CK cologne for everyday, I like their CK underwear, and I like the CK suits.   However, when it comes to CK (credit karma) I only like their surprisingly decent reporting on credit activities but don't like their credit scoring (fako) nor do I like their false promises on approvals.   I can't buy into the $50 hostage exchange for a potential 2yr credit inquiry mistake.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 14 of 63
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@FLLGuy HILARIOUS!!!

Message 15 of 63
Zoostation1
Established Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

I dont trust ck, they say i have very good odds on 2 wf cards when i just got denied 2 months ago and 3 cap 1 cards when i already hold the max cap 1 cards.

You can have more than 2 Cap One cards.  It just can't be more than 2 of the sub prime cards: Platinum secured, Platinum, QS Secured and QS1. The official hard limit IIRC for someone with no sub prime cards is 5.  Any regular or for good credit version of a Savor, Venture, or QS product family counts as prime, as do cobranded cards like the Walmart MC.  The only grey area I'm aware of that I haven't seen anyone confirm is with cards that were a PC from a Platinum or QS1.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
March 2024 FICO 8:
March 2024 FICO 9:
Message 16 of 63
DaisyAdair
Valued Member

I got the same 'guarantee' as @UncleB . I'm ready for someone to put this to the test. Any takers? 😁

E28A09FF-0D4E-42BE-8B4B-9E3F65CBC923.jpeg

Message 17 of 63
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

I have 3 Citi cards with the banner.  I may just get approved but at what SL?  They must have some kind of idea as to approvals or it could be an expensive proposition for them.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 18 of 63
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Zoostation1 wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

I dont trust ck, they say i have very good odds on 2 wf cards when i just got denied 2 months ago and 3 cap 1 cards when i already hold the max cap 1 cards.

You can have more than 2 Cap One cards.  It just can't be more than 2 of the sub prime cards: Platinum secured, Platinum, QS Secured and QS1. The official hard limit IIRC for someone with no sub prime cards is 5.  Any regular or for good credit version of a Savor, Venture, or QS product family counts as prime, as do cobranded cards like the Walmart MC.  The only grey area I'm aware of that I haven't seen anyone confirm is with cards that were a PC from a Platinum or QS1.

I don't think you can have five anymore. That *used* to be the case. Two is the limit (excluding cobranded cards), with some outliers reporting they were allowed a third card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 63
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Is it $50 per "Karma Guarantee" that is declined ??  I smell a goldmine here...   Smiley Very Happy

C'mon, somebody needs to pull the trigger on this! 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 20 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.