Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma. Get approved or get $50

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Karma. Get approved or get $50

@pizzadude wrote:

Is it $50 per "Karma Guarantee" that is declined ??  I smell a goldmine here...   Smiley Very Happy

C'mon, somebody needs to pull the trigger on this! 

You go first 😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 21 of 63
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

image.png

Interesting that my Karma Guarantee updated from $0 AF to $19 AF, which is what my current Mission Lane prequal says they are willing to offer me. I wonder how much control the lenders have in these ads. They certainly wouldn't be open and tell us because that would be too honest.

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 22 of 63
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Is it $50 per "Karma Guarantee" that is declined ??  I smell a goldmine here...   Smiley Very Happy

I believe @UncleB was on the fence. Perhaps you can give him the little push he needs. Smiley LOL

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 23 of 63
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

I believe @UncleB was on the fence. Perhaps you can give him the little push he needs. Smiley LOL

Ha, at one time all I would have needed was a little push! Smiley Embarassed

Truthfully, I just don't have a need for another Citi card - assuming they actually would approve me.  My spend is finite (and modest at that) and I'm already optimized to the hilt.  If there was a nice bonus that might get my attention, but of course the Diamond Preferred doesn't have one since the 'bonus' is the long 0% period on balance transfers.

I'm sure some adventurous myFICOer will give the offer a whirl at some point. Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 63
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

The fine print says it's once per 90 days, also requires a CK "Spend" account otherwise the $50 is converted to an amazon gift card:

To be eligible, you must:

• Not already have this card;
  • Not have recently applied or been declined for the same credit card offer;
  • Not have already been declined for an offer with the Cards Karma Guarantee in the last 90 days; and
  • Fully complete an application for this credit card offer, including providing any documents required by the lender, while signed in to your Credit Karma account, and are declined.

By applying for this credit card offer, you consent to the lender sharing its credit decision with Credit Karma in order to fulfill the Cards Karma Guarantee.

In order to receive payment, you must have a Credit Karma account. If eligible and you have a Credit Karma Money Spend account, we will put your Cards Karma Guarantee payment in that Spend account within 60 days of being declined, unless the account is not open or it is locked at time of payout. If eligible and you do not already have a Spend account, we will send you an email where you can choose to: (a) open a Spend account where we will deposit the payment, or (b) receive the payment as an Amazon.com gift card. You must open a Spend account or choose to receive the payment as a gift card within 90 days of when the email was sent. The value of the payment may be reported on an applicable IRS form.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 25 of 63
dj0007

So here it is...the gurantee is a fact!...tey stick to their word!!!

So when I started rebuilding last month, I got the guarantee promise or $50. If i remember correctly i believe it was Milestone unsecured card.

Now here is the kicker... I applied and got denied, but the reason was because I had a freeze!

So I got a message from credit karma in where they stipulated something like they would review the reason for denial to where I know I wasn't getting the $50 but...  about a week later they did deposit the $50 to my spend account ( I believe I did open the spend account with them after that but can't remenber)...I easily transfered the $50 to my bank account after that so yes the promise is true...The guarantee approval I'm not sure as again I was denied for the reason stated.

October 2022 = Fico - EX - 545 | EQ - 522 | TU - 522 | 2014 BK - 5 collections - 10 charge-off - 0 inquiries - no open mortgage, car, card or loan

January 2023 = Fico - EX - 584 | EQ - 596 | TU - 598 | 2014 BK - 5 collections - 10 charge-off - 1-3 inquiries - Aspire; Destiny; Ck strong reporting

Pre rebuild 10/22
Message 26 of 63
dj0007

oh oh...I realized a can of worm had opened.

October 2022 = Fico - EX - 545 | EQ - 522 | TU - 522 | 2014 BK - 5 collections - 10 charge-off - 0 inquiries - no open mortgage, car, card or loan

January 2023 = Fico - EX - 584 | EQ - 596 | TU - 598 | 2014 BK - 5 collections - 10 charge-off - 1-3 inquiries - Aspire; Destiny; Ck strong reporting

Pre rebuild 10/22
Message 27 of 63
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

Lol! Yes Indeed! I can just about guarantee if CK hasn't closed that loophole yet, they'll definitely be doing so now!! 🤣

Scores as of April 4, 2024:

Message 28 of 63
CreditMarathoner
Frequent Contributor

Haha... I'm definitely not running on all cylinders today (overworked yadda yadda).  I had the thought that the "only thing I have to lose is a hard pull".  Well, no, I could end up approved for a card I didn't want but only applied for in hopes of getting a quick $50.  Haha.

Like, apply for that Indigo card with reports frozen... they probably closed that loophole by now, but with my luck Indigo won't pull and they'll give me a high-AF subprime card I didn't want instead of the denial and the quick fifty. Smiley Surprised

I guess, not worth the gamble, unless they offer me a "guaranteed approval" on a card I'd actually be interested in having!!

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 29 of 63
AceTen
Regular Contributor

My $50 guarantee for the citi card that I mentioned a few days ago went away and now I am guaranteed all the sub prime cards. Haha. Smiley LOL

Nothing changed on my reports as far as I can tell, except maybe an old inquiry dropped off after 2 years in this time frame.  So maybe this is a bit of partner marketing done in conjunction with the card issuers as someone mentioned upthread. 

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
Message 30 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.