cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma. Get approved or get $50

tag
dj0007

Re: Credit Karma. Get approved or get $50

It is definitelly a partnering move...why will CK guarantee $50 if there is nothing in return for them!...

and as mentioned, prime banks are not in a hurry, but subprime making money of yearly and monthly memberships can share their profit margin with CK. CK is basically pre screening good subprime candidates for some sort of referral fees.

October 2022 = Fico - EX - 545 | EQ - 522 | TU - 522 | 2014 BK - 5 collections - 10 charge-off - 0 inquiries - no open mortgage, car, card or loan

January 2023 = Fico - EX - 584 | EQ - 596 | TU - 598 | 2014 BK - 5 collections - 10 charge-off - 1-3 inquiries - Aspire; Destiny; Ck strong reporting

Pre rebuild 10/22
Message 31 of 63
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

I don't think you can have five anymore. That *used* to be the case. Two is the limit (excluding cobranded cards), with some outliers reporting they were allowed a third card.

I've been under the opposite impression that 2 was a hard limit in years past.  I may call them just to see what they say over the phone Smiley LOL

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 32 of 63
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I personally just started to get these offers and the Citi Custom Cash is included. I was planning to app next year but now am seriously thinking that I should consider moving the one card up to cycle inquiries faster in case of failure. Also the $50 is a fast and easy earn. Anyone think I should try bringing this card up?

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 33 of 63
CreditMarathoner
Frequent Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

I personally just started to get these offers and the Citi Custom Cash is included. I was planning to app next year but now am seriously thinking that I should consider moving the one card up to cycle inquiries faster in case of failure. Also the $50 is a fast and easy earn. Anyone think I should try bringing this card up?

Well, my thought is you have nothing to lose except the hard pull(s).  If it's a card you want (and Citi Custom Cash is a nice card), and CK is giving you the approval guarantee with it, it's a win win I think.  Either you get the card or a quick $50 for the trouble.

But as others have said, I'm sure this is all marketing hype, we KNOW CK is getting something for this, probably referral fees.

I still only see the Indigo card with the "guarantee".  No Citi cards show up for me, even when I browse their "top picks for you".  Maybe Citi isn't paying them marketing fees for people with my profile.

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 34 of 63
RedKaos

Oh, wow applying with credit reports frozen. I can't believe they didn't think of that in the first place. And are we sure they closed that loophole now?

Message 35 of 63
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Logged in on the phone to check things and this pop up was found.

"We’re so confident in our technology, we’re putting our money where our mouth is. Compare a mix of offers based on your credit profile– if you apply for one marked with the Karma Guarantee and aren’t approved, we pay you $50."

https://www.creditkarma.com/karma-guarantee 

Screenshot_20221029-152821_Credit Karma.jpg

So I go to look. Very Good on some cards. 720's. No Guarantee's. Smiley Happy

Yea I got that too.  Credit one.  A RIP subprime 🙄

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 36 of 63
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

I dont trust ck, they say i have very good odds on 2 wf cards when i just got denied 2 months ago and 3 cap 1 cards when i already hold the max cap 1 cards.

Agree totally 

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 37 of 63
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Presently ck is offering me that 50 dollar guarantee for a few cards which i am not interested in, Prosper and several credit ones. PASS

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 38 of 63
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

I'm wondering what their critera are. Because some of you like @CreditMarathoner seem to have much better profiles than I do, but you're getting matched with subprime cards.

Whereas they seem to really like me. I've got the $50 guarantee with:

• Citi Double Cash
  • Citi Diamond Preferred
  • Citi Custom Cash
Message 39 of 63
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Additional DP: After I applied for two cards, all the $50 matches vanished. My chances with the Custom Cash, Double Cash, and Diamond Preferred are now listed as "fair". Though my two new inquiries are on EQ and TU, and in my state Citi should pull EX, so those inquiries shouldn't affect my chances at all (there are no new tradelines). Prior to that, my most recent inquiry was at least 8 months ago. The $50 offer seems to be sensitive to inquiries, and makes generalizations based on the bureaus CK sees (TU and EQ) rather than on the bureau that ultimately will be pulled.

Message 40 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.