Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma. Get approved or get $50

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Karma. Get approved or get $50

My guaranteed offers are Prosper and a couple of Credit One cards, including the Credit One/American Express card. The CO/AE card had a $39 fee. I clicked through to Credit One and it says my chances are outstanding. I don't want a Credit One card at this point, but I use them as a barometer of where I stand. Previously when I tried to pre-qualify for the American Express version it came back as a no-go. I clicked back to browse Credit One's cards and found the AE version. I submitted the pre-qual form and this time it came back with a counter offer. It said I was pre approved for the AE card, but with new terms. The $39 annual fee was replaced with a $75 first year annual fee, going to $99 after that and billed monthly. I wonder if I had gone forward with the CK guaranteed application if I would have received that same counter offer and if that counts as being accepted even if I rejected the counter offer. The name of the card is the same, but that's a whole other experience, much more sub-prime. 

Message 51 of 63
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You should see my offers. All the good stuff. With a BK? That aint happening. Take it with a grain of salt. AMEX's own pre-qual is pretty solid its been said. Worked for me.

Message 52 of 63
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I had some balances to report on my U.S. Bank cards a few weeks ago, and Vantage punished me by dropping 22 points (not unheard of with Vantage).  My scores are 797 and 798, which still isn't bad but I guess not good enough for the Citi guaranteed offers.

Now the only offers I have on Credit Karma are for Prosper and Indigo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit:  I just checked, and my EQ is back up to 818 (+21 points), while TU is unchanged.  Gotta love the volatility of Vantage. Smiley Frustrated  For what it's worth, I still only have guaranteed offers for Prosper and Indigo, so possibly CK looks at TU scores to generate the offers (or else they just don't like me anymore, LOL.)

Message 53 of 63
isik
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I don't trust CK guaranteed offers. I used to only see terrible (indigo, etc.) offers, now I see 3 Citi cards, yet the preapproval on their site doesn't match me with anything. Scores are ok but high utilization and a lot of recent accounts, with thin file, so denial is very likely. A HP for $50 isn't worth it IMO.

ck.PNG

Personal:

Business:

FICO 8:
Message 54 of 63
markbeiser
Established Contributor

Credit Karma says I have "Outstanding" and "Excellent" chances at dozens of cards, but the only "Guarantee" is for the Indigo card.
They would have to pay me a LOT more than $50 to even app for that one...

Back to gardening until Late February 2025.
Current FICO8:
Message 55 of 63
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@WaldenEast has posted an interesting thread about Credit Karma and "guaranteed" approvals here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Credit-Karma-tricked-customers-into-thinking-the... 

Message 56 of 63
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

I've got no Karma guarantee offers currently.  All of my "outstanding" approval odds ar sub prime with AF cards (Indigo, Avant, Credit One) except for a Mercury Visa that's no AF but has a weak 1% earning.  I wonder whatever happened to that flat 2% Mercury MC that was floating around Credit Karma for a while.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 57 of 63
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Last year, I had a Karma Guarantee for the good suite of Citi cards, including the Custom and Double Cash. After I applied for a card that pulled EQ in late November (I didn't get it), those KGs vanished and were replaced by KGs for subprime cards. I then applied for and got 2 new cards in December (including the CC). A couple weeks ago, the KGs for the good suite of Citi cards reappeared. Credit Karma is definitely sensitive to fresh inquiries on EQ and TU.

Message 58 of 63
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Just today my Credit Karma 'Guaranteed' offers returned... I have offers now for the Custom Cash and Simplicity, at least until Vantage takes a dip again (which is likely... I have some balances that will temporarily report in a few days).

They seem to have it set so that once you no longer qualify for offers there's a 'cooling off' period before you qualify again regardless of your Vantage score. 

Message 59 of 63
isik
Regular Contributor

When I applied for the Apple card they disappeared (after the HP). They reappeared again after the Apple Card started reporting, even though my vantage scores are slightly lower because of the new account. Same offers: simplicity, double cash and diamond preferred. These and some citi cards are also on Experian, feels like Citi is spending more money on ads these days. They also sent me a pre-selected mailer for Custom Cash, with one APR (not range). 

Personal:

Business:

FICO 8:
Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.