Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increase checks old credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Limit Increase checks old credit score

I received a rejection letter after pressing the love button and it stated that my Equifax credit score was 572. For Fico 8 it's 653. I don't know what model they were using but this was for a Comenity Bank Meijer card. Do you think they checked an old score from when I originally signed up because there was no new inquiry on my report? Maybe they checked an old Vantage score.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Limit Increase checks old credit score

It seems some issuers pull only quarterly and it may we’ll be that they’re looking at n old report. Try again in a month and see if your current scores are represented.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds to me like a different scoring model was used.  Usually somewhere on the page where the score is provided either near the score or in the fine print at the bottom it will tell you the scoring model used and also the bureau data upon which it was drawn.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a denial letter from CapOne and Citi - both sent letters that were only about 2-3 weeks from the time of my current score. I was expecting instant gratification of what I was seeing from paying off 2 cards but in this case they check later. Not sure when your score was 572 vs current or which card but any info would be helpful! Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.