cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Line Increase and new credit cards?

tag
Maverick3

Re: Credit Line Increase and new credit cards?

It's been 2 years since I requested paper reports. Is this still the preferred way to obtain accurate reports as I want to work on my spouses credit now. 

If so, do I call to obtain paper reports or is this done online?

Message 11 of 31
digitek
Established Contributor

As stated above you can get your up to date full credit reports from all 3 CB's with an Experian account and a Credit Karma account (they will give you TransUnion and Equifax). In my experience that is an easier method than the once a year report from annualcreditreport.com. Experian will even give you free FICO 8 score that is updated at least once a month.

Congratulations on paying down the debt.

Message 12 of 31
Maverick3

@digitek 

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I could go the online route and have Experian and CK accounts but was informed that paper statements are the most accurate and also give me leverage if and when I need to dispute items. 

Message 13 of 31
CreditMarathoner
Frequent Contributor

Online reports are the same as paper reports, they just aren't on paper, unless you print them yourself.

Depending on where you order them from, they may have more detail in some versions than others.  Perhaps the paper copies have everything on them.

You can also dispute things online.  You only need a paper copy if you want a paper copy, or need to show someone a paper copy.  Any creditor is going to pull their own copy anyway.

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 14 of 31
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I haven't used it in ages but annualcreditreport.com used to give a REALLY nice, detailed digital version that you could save on your PC and even print out.  And its detailed as all getout.

AU accounts definitely score as if they are your account however are marked as AU accounts.

Message 15 of 31
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

annualcreditreport.com reports are weekly right now.

And super easy to pull, I had problems for years with them being unable to "authenticate" me and flat out unable to use the service unless I mailed off a bunch of documents.  Just this last week eveything was smooth as butter and I had no issues obtaining digital copies. All the reports were easy to read and easily saved as .pdf files. I don't know what changed but I haven't been able to use annualcreditreport for digital copies in over 10 years and suddenly now it all works. I was genuinely surprised and happy about it.

3/3/24
Message 16 of 31
digitek
Established Contributor

@Lou-natic wrote:

And super easy to pull, I had problems for years with them being unable to "authenticate" me and flat out unable to use the service unless I mailed off a bunch of documents.  Just this last week eveything was smooth as butter and I had no issues obtaining digital copies. All the reports were easy to read and easily saved as .pdf files. I don't know what changed but I haven't been able to use annualcreditreport for digital copies in over 10 years and suddenly now it all works. I was genuinely surprised and happy about it.

This is good to know, thanks for sharing. Last time I tried it was like pulling teeth and I think only one of the 3 actually worked. Pretty cool that they update weekly now, too.

Message 17 of 31
Maverick3

Thank you!

Message 18 of 31
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@digitek wrote:

@Lou-natic wrote:

This is good to know, thanks for sharing. Last time I tried it was like pulling teeth and I think only one of the 3 actually worked. Pretty cool that they update weekly now, too.

Just as an FYI, the weekly updates are only temporary until December 2022. Hopefully they extend it again, but who knows.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 31
Maverick3

So my wife prequalifed with the following:

Cap 1 - 3 different cards

Disco - secured card

Navy  - all cards

She has no cards currently in her name but is an AU on my Navy card. 

Should she apply in any order? 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.