Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Line Increase with new CC's

tag
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Credit Line Increase with new CC's

All,

I opened the following credit cards within the past 2 months. Going forward, if I keep small balance on one of them(AZEO Method), when can I expect an automatic CLI from the issuer? Assume 2 of the credit cards will have little or no use and my Credit Scores range from 720-746. Also, how much of an increase? For the record, I just made a large payment on the Citi cards and also just cancelled 2 Credit One cards that I hardly used. I also have a Capital One Venture One card open with a $4K limit with no balance. Thank you in advance. 

Citi Double Cash($0/$11,000) Opened 1/2020

Citi AAdvantage($200.87/$8,500) Opened 2/2020
Chase Sapphire Preferred($0/$5,000) Opened 3/2020

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Line Increase with new CC's

I can't speak for Citi but I know Chase likes to see spend I got my first Auto Increase at the 3 month mark having it but I used almost all the limit then made super big payments and put a tiny amount before statement hit.    I know Chase likes to see use.    I don't believe there is a 'set amount' to expect for an increase if one may be given?!

Message 2 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Automatic increases are not common.  With your Citi cards, the CLI language will usually change to SP ("a credit bureau report will not be pulled...") in 2-6 months.  You can receive a CLI once every 6 months, and if the amount is not to your liking you can immediately take a HP for a larger increase consideration.  The SP ones are usually in the $1000-$2000 range when granted.  With Chase, any customer-initiated CLI request will be a HP.  In 13 years, I have only received ONE automatic CLI from Chase.

Message 3 of 22
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

I can't speak for Citi but I know Chase likes to see spend I got my first Auto Increase at the 3 month mark having it but I used almost all the limit then made super big payments and put a tiny amount before statement hit.    I know Chase likes to see use.    I don't believe there is a 'set amount' to expect for an increase if one may be given?!

Thank you @Girlzilla88 
For the Citi AAdvantage card, once the credit/refund hits my card, it will go "against" $2,500 I need to get the SUB. I'll just need to come up with another $170 or so spend which shouldn't be hard.  After that, I'll just use the Chase SP. I've been meaning to ask someone, how do you get your credit cards on your signature? 

Message 4 of 22
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Automatic increases are not common.  With your Citi cards, the CLI language will usually change to SP ("a credit bureau report will not be pulled...") in 2-6 months.  You can receive a CLI once every 6 months, and if the amount is not to your liking you can immediately take a HP for a larger increase consideration.  The SP ones are usually in the $1000-$2000 range when granted.  With Chase, any customer-initiated CLI request will be a HP.  In 13 years, I have only received ONE automatic CLI from Chase.

Hmmm. Thank you @K-in-Boston. That was very informative. I'm just looking to replace the $3K or so that I lost from closing the Credit One cards earlier today. 

Message 5 of 22
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

I'd just add, I wouldn't ever expect an auto CLI. 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 6 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@joeyv1985 wrote:

I've been meaning to ask someone, how do you get your credit cards on your signature? 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/t...

Message 7 of 22
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@joeyv1985 wrote:

I opened the following credit cards within the past 2 months. Going forward, if I keep small balance on one of them(AZEO Method), when can I expect an automatic CLI from the issuer? Assume 2 of the credit cards will have little or no use and my Credit Scores range from 720-746. Also, how much of an increase? For the record, I just made a large payment on the Citi cards and also just cancelled 2 Credit One cards that I hardly used. I also have a Capital One Venture One card open with a $4K limit with no balance. Thank you in advance. 

"Azeo"  is used to optimize "Fico Score's" by controlling what utilization reports.

CC issuers see all your spend, swipes, and payments.

All issuers like to see use, so use your cards for best rewards and benefits.

"Azeo" does not require not using a card.

If not trying to get a new loan or CC, you don't even need to worry about "Azeo"

Citi is just like "K-in-Boston" said.

My Citi increases are always between 1000 and 2000 about once a year.

I only use the SP web increases, have never called or use a HP.

Message 8 of 22
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

@joeyv1985 wrote:

"Azeo"  is used to optimize "Fico Score's" by controlling what utilization reports.

If not trying to get a new loan or CC, you don't even need to worry about "Azeo"

Thank you

Message 9 of 22
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@joeyv1985 wrote:

@Kforce wrote:

@joeyv1985 wrote:

Thank you

I just logged in and checked my statements, my last request was 2.5 years ago.

My spend is small maybe 300-400 a month on the card, and always pay in full.

Pushed the CL increase request and got $2,000.

This was all your fault !!    Smiley LOL

* A brand new data point *

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.