cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One PreQual Fail - Wrong CR pulled?

tag
Dilbert934
New Contributor

Credit One PreQual Fail - Wrong CR pulled?

I saw in my USPS Informed Delivery that I was getting a solicitation from Credit One today, so I checked out their website and saw a prequal.  Tried it and failed miserably, but am a bit confused why.

Number of Auto Trades

I have ONE auto loan

Balances relative to credit limits reported on revolving accounts
I'm at 3.5 percent utilization

Balances relative to credit limits reported on revolving accounts and age of trades
I have one card with a 15% util.  Others are well below 8.9%.

AAoA is 20 years

Number of Inquiries
I have 2 EX.  One from August of 2017 and one from Nov 2018 which was for an Apartment lease.

Now this one is the kicker....
Credit Score: 332

My last EX that was pulled by Amex on 4/4 was 733!  WTH?  Could they have pulled the wrong file from EX?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One PreQual Fail

Sorry to hear that you were declined for the Credit One card. You seem to have decent credit (you didn't mention if the CS from AmEx was the VangtageScore or your true FICO). 

There was a thread on the boards a couple months ago with your similar question:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Credit-One-Prequel-and-stated-credit-score...

Credit One likely has its own internal scoring system that has given you the score listed. (All banks do have their own internal scoring systems; some report to you FICO with applications, while others will report their internal scoring.) 

There is also the possibility that your credit score may be too good for Credit One (refer to above post). 

Is there a reason why you want/need a Credit One card? They don't have the best reputation around these boards for rebuilders, and you may have other options for credit if you're rebuilding. 

Message 2 of 12
Dilbert934
New Contributor

@iheartwings wrote:

Is there a reason why you want/need a Credit One card? They don't have the best reputation around these boards for rebuilders, and you may have other options for credit if you're rebuilding. 

It was just curiosity.  No biggie.  And the 733 is a FICO.  FAKO is around 795.

I'm just wondering how a 4% utilization and 2 HPs are too much for them?  LOL  Not going to lose any sleep over it.

Message 3 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You really did a prequal for Credit One? 

Message 4 of 12
Dilbert934
New Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

No, I failed miserably according to them!  But at least I scored a free EX report from it!

Message 5 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Credit one doesn't use real fico's on their scores they provide to you..  Use to work for them as a programmer (shame on me i know).  I use to know their tiers and internal scoring systems, but it has been 8 years approx since I have worked for them

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, with a 733 and solid file, the only thing you should be doing with a mailing from that bank is lining your bird cage with it.
Message 7 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Dilbert934 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

No, I failed miserably according to them!  But at least I scored a free EX report from it!

I hate to break it to you like this, but EX offers free report and score to everyone.  

Message 8 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity   You need to infiltrate Disco. I need that $1.00 CLI so I can let it go. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ this. If you’re a programmer, set it up so on the CLI screen we can enter our usernames on here for an automatic $3k bump each time.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.