cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union Follies: a short story of one man simultaneously cast as Trash & Treasure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Union Follies: a short story of one man simultaneously cast as Trash & Treasure

@xaximus wrote:
Ouch @ James. I would be in the corner with Remedios with a box of Kleenex after the first denial. Maybe not a box, a case sounds more sufficient..

Lol, x. It truly didn't hurt so much -- perhaps because it happened so suddenly or perhaps because of Navy & RBFCU sucesses were mixed in. Maybe the "shock factor" helped -- I was totally caught offguard with the denials. My research suggested I was just the customer they were looking for. Huh? What? No? Say what again?

Now that the dust has settled and the chips have fallen where they've fallen, I can take a mostly analytical approach to assessing the carnage ("Hmm, THAT didn't work so well. Let's not try THAT again.") What's left but to grin and bear it?

Message 11 of 16
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Union Follies: a short story of one man simultaneously cast as Trash & Treasure

@Anonymous wrote:

@xaximus wrote:
Ouch @ James. I would be in the corner with Remedios with a box of Kleenex after the first denial. Maybe not a box, a case sounds more sufficient..

Lol, x. It truly didn't hurt so much -- perhaps because it happened so suddenly or perhaps because of Navy & RBFCU sucesses were mixed in. Maybe the "shock factor" helped -- I was totally caught offguard with the denials. My research suggested I was just the customer they were looking for. Huh? What? No? Say what again?

Now that the dust has settled and the chips have fallen where they've fallen, I can take a mostly analytical approach to assessing the carnage ("Hmm, THAT didn't work so well. Let's not try THAT again.") What's left but to grin and bear it?

That's a good way to approach it, I like the optimism here. Sort of reminds me of what Einstien said when discovering the light bulb. He found a "thousand" ways it didn't work. CU's generally tend to be more conservative, one of the main reasons why back in June 2018, the first card I apped for was Alliant. I figured if I was going to get a CU, it had to be the first app, then do everything else (over a course of 3-6 months, I added around 8 cards). As always, DPs are the name of the game, and thank you for providing that!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 12 of 16
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

The title of this post makes me love it before even reading it lol. That’s a rough spree. Sorry about all those trials and denials. At least you still have Navy though if that’s any comfort.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:

... As always, DPs are the name of the game ...

Yep. Every day I look for DPs & a chuckle. Hopefully others can find both in this same spot.

Message 14 of 16
AlpedHuez
Contributor

Really good intel James, wish I was in RBFCU's footprint as they seem to give out pretty good size SLs and that 2% card has no FTF and Chip & PIN priority it looks like.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlpedHuez wrote:

Really good intel James, wish I was in RBFCU's footprint as they seem to give out pretty good size SLs and that 2% card has no FTF and Chip & PIN priority it looks like.

Yeah I’m jealous of RBFCU. I mean all the denials suck but for large cards I would be happy to just have NFCU and RBFCU cards. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.