Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Power Visa Superman app

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

DC Power Visa Superman app

Saw a post by @Anonymous in credit card forum and just had to have my Superman credit card. Dont care about the rewards being so so, its Superman lol. Figured id post my app here so as not to tie up that thread.

Unfroze or locked my files not sure who UMB pull, turns out TU. No instant approval as i have a FA on TU. Said they will be touch. My feelings say denied, maybe due to location , but maybe outside chance on verification? Will update as needed. Current TU 732 i believe.
Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: DC Power Visa Superman app

Good luck, Joe.

Please DO keep us posted. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 75
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As stated most likely to FA, but UMB historicaly very inquiry/new account sensitive, but yet you think DC woud have a bit of say in said contract as I am sure UMB bid against other lenders for it and wanted it.  What I will be suprised about is if every app goes into manual review that would just be kinda silly

Message 3 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, i agree. If its hp sensitive im done. Lol. I do have debt but at least im responsible. Hope they see it. Im just curious even though they let PR residents apply will it still be held against us?
Message 4 of 75
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I thought UMB was geofenced? I've heard reports of them HPing people just to deny them for being out of the geo area (which they are very vague about mentioning on the application). I hope that doesn't happen to people with this one.

Message 5 of 75
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

I thought UMB was geofenced? I've heard reports of them HPing people just to deny them for being out of the geo area (which they are very vague about mentioning on the application). I hope that doesn't happen to people with this one.

They are geo fenced, but for this card obviousy that wouldn't apply.  Most of their legacy card even have affinity cards in most states, just got to find out which FI offers then and underwritten by UMB.  This one regardless is nationwide (they rushed to get this out before comic con or so i read)

Message 6 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey @CreditCuriosity , do you think i should call in tomorrow or just wait for the letter?
Message 7 of 75
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Not an expert with FA, but don't you have to speak with someone when you have a FA on your account regardless?  If so then I certainly would call and let them know it was you that applied, etc.. I never had a FA on any of my CRAs so not quite sure how they work, but that was my undestanding of them?

Message 8 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I guess so. Ive had apps where i was denied anyone no need to call in. I might call in tomorrow just to let them know it was me.
Message 9 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know that a lot of companies won't bother reaching out when you have an FA, right? They'll just deny you if you don't call them and let them know it was you. I would definitely give them a call. 

Message 10 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.