Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU - Accidental App + Denial

tag
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

DCU - Accidental App + Denial

So, I misunderstood a post I read and accidentally confused a pre-screened offer for a pre-qualified offer.  This led to me applying for a card I would not have used HP for because it would really just be util padding or possibly post-holiday BTs, and even then I don't carry balances.

Anyhow, for the sake of DPs and probably just repeating what everyone already knows Smiley Tongue

DCU Platinum Card

Requested 15k / Monthly Income 7666 / No Housing Payment

At this time we are unable to approve your application due to the reason(s) listed below.

Bankruptcy.
We do not grant credit on the terms you requested.

You will receive a letter in the mail shortly with additional information regarding this decision.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: DCU - Accidental App + Denial

Sorry for your denial RFBK7. Meh its only one pull. Thanks for the DPs.

Yeah those preapprovals already have the preapproved amount displayed.

Message 2 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

That's unfortunate. Those pop up offers are tempting. Hope you get better luck next time.

Message 3 of 13
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Sorry for your denial RFBK7. Meh its only one pull. Thanks for the DPs.

Yeah those preapprovals already have the preapproved amount displayed.

@Gmood1 

Not a big deal at all, happy to provide information that may help folks sincerely interested in it.  

I only have my last NFCU card before I go on a semi permanent garden tour ahead of AMEX opening up in 2023.  If there is something I really want I'll app, but mostly nothing really interests me right now given my limitations with the BK.  

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 4 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry for your denialSmiley Sad

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

$15K is a bit much for DCU. They tend to be conservative even when things are going well. Haven't seen many get more than $10K and haven't seen many get $10K even. My card started at $1K 2/2019 and it is still at $1K today. When I tried to get more they hit me with a HP and the lady called me and said that I open too many new accounts. 🤷‍♂️ 

Sorry for the denial. Sucks to burn a HP when you didn't mean to but it's even worse when it's a denial. 

Message 6 of 13
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear. I use DCU also and been thinking about their CC. but I'm waiting till I go for a loan then use the same HP.

They are very conservative.

Message 7 of 13
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

$15K is a bit much for DCU. They tend to be conservative even when things are going well. Haven't seen many get more than $10K and haven't seen many get $10K even. My card started at $1K 2/2019 and it is still at $1K today. When I tried to get more they hit me with a HP and the lady called me and said that I open too many new accounts. 🤷‍♂️ 

Sorry for the denial. Sucks to burn a HP when you didn't mean to but it's even worse when it's a denial. 

@Anonymous yeah it was a bummer and so I figured most of my cards are ~10k, so why the heck not.  I figured worst case they'd counter, but with a BK I've just come to accept that some lenders are not going to be interested, especially right now, and I don't take it personally.

Thankfully my EQ inquiry situation is not in terrible shape, and I'll just being doing SP CLIs with NFCU until my car loan sometime next year.  Planning to use Navy for that too and I think I'll be okay.  By the time I apply the only inq will be this user error app haha.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous yeah it was a bummer and so I figured most of my cards are ~10k, so why the heck not.  I figured worst case they'd counter, but with a BK I've just come to accept that some lenders are not going to be interested, especially right now, and I don't take it personally.

Thankfully my EQ inquiry situation is not in terrible shape, and I'll just being doing SP CLIs with NFCU until my car loan sometime next year.  Planning to use Navy for that too and I think I'll be okay.  By the time I apply the only inq will be this user error app haha.

Yeah inquiries are the least important thing. I wouldn't even stress about it. 

Message 9 of 13
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous Mostly I'm annoyed with myself!  The rest of it is a for science and DPs adventure.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.