Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU New Credit Card "Random" Audit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU New Credit Card "Random" Audit

Hey all,

I was recently approved for a new CC through DCU (Jan 11) and received the card in the mail earlier this week (Jan 22). However, when I called to activate the card, I was notified that my account is under review and that DCU is performing a "random audit" on me and my documentation. I was never requested any documentation, and whenever I call, they're not able to tell me which information of mine is under review. 

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone on this board and, if so, about how long does this "random audit" take before I'm either approved (which my card already was... it was issued already) or [insert alternative outcome here]?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU New Credit Card "Random" Audit

Hi HLS and welcome to the forums! Congrats on your approval. I'm so sorry to hear this happened. Hopefully this will be over quickly and you're able to move forward with your new card. Please keep us posted.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this happened. Please keep us informed as I eventually hope to get this card.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately not yet. Hoping to get this squared away this week, though.
Message 5 of 11
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

was with the loan originator about some business discussion (we are friends too) and was told he is super busy doing internal Audits for recent approvals i think these days if any one has new accounts than avoid applying DCU products just in case... it will all be back to normal soon hopefully

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow up: can someone explain to me what might cause this audit? I keep being told my documents are under review, but that they're not able to tell me which documents (I've submitted none), and if there is a problem somewhere, I'm not currently aware and would like to fix it.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Follow up: can someone explain to me what might cause this audit? I keep being told my documents are under review, but that they're not able to tell me which documents (I've submitted none), and if there is a problem somewhere, I'm not currently aware and would like to fix it.

They still haven’t finished their audit yet? Did they give you a timeline?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No solution. The customer service rep I spoke to today was not able to give me a timeline, but he recommended I call back tomorrow and go to the credit department (I was working until 6pm EST and couldn't call before the credit department closed). I just wish someone would tell me what's holding my account up because I have to imagine, at this point, that it has to be something on my end, and I would like to fix it so this issue gets headed off.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
No solution. The customer service rep I spoke to today was not able to give me a timeline, but he recommended I call back tomorrow and go to the credit department (I was working until 6pm EST and couldn't call before the credit department closed). I just wish someone would tell me what's holding my account up because I have to imagine, at this point, that it has to be something on my end, and I would like to fix it so this issue gets headed off.

Hmmmmmmmm...........”When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!” What are your current data points, scores and such? What other cards, if any, do you have? They are certainly not the only game in town, so let’s find you another one or three. Lol. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.