Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DENIED Amex Gold .. I dont understand the reason

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: DENIED Amex Gold .. I dont understand the reason

Hi op. 

It took me forever to get into the AmEx family, that’s how it felt anyways. I have had luck getting the Blue Cash Preffered with a lower score then yours but also a better uti. It took 6 plus months afterwords for me to get approved for the platinum card and I opted for a new gold card 60 days after that. I believe they want swipes and on time payments in order to succeed with them.  Have faith in the long term. It’s worth it!!!!

FICO 8 Scores: Exp 603, Equifax 597, Trans 574 as of 6/7/2018. 6/8/2019

FICO 8. EXP 661, EQ 664, TU 640. In the Garden Starting 09/26/2019
Message 11 of 13
Highlighted
New Contributor

I got approved lately for 2 with $1K CL and even had some rocky past with Amex on terms of late payments etc and a small settlement. Lately I've been hitting them good with purchases paying my rent for $1000 then paying it right off getting those bonus offers and using it a little here there for items then paying it off. Trying to get back on good terms with AMEX. 

AMEX Delta Skymiles $1K | AMEX Hilton Honors $1K | Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa $2200K | Chase Amazon $1K | Chase Slate $500| Capital One Quicksilver $600 | Credit One $500 | Kohls $1K | Overstock $2K | IKEA Projekt $650 | Monro Drivecard $800 | Target Red Card $500 | Credit One Platinum $1500 |
| Rebuilding since Dec 2018
Message 12 of 13
New Contributor

Lates are gonna be a red flag I would imagine especially seeing that it’s a charge card and they want their money back when it’s due. I agree with others posting here, give it some time for your credit to update and age a little and should be in with Amex in no time. They’re honestly my favorite creditor next to NFCU!!
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.