Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DENIED Citi Prestige

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DENIED Citi Prestige

@CreditPacMan wrote:

Yeah I will try again in 6 months. They wanted to see less than 5 inqs .. I won't apply for more cards so I should have zero inqs (hopefully Smiley Happy ). The thing that's keeping my score down is my utilization .. which I'm working to reduce significantly (within the next 4 months).

Sorry to hear, OP. What was your util when you were denied?

Message 21 of 30
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

It was pretty high .. around 40% .. but that wasn't one the reasons they denied me .. (but it kept my score down).

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditPacMan wrote:

Yeah I will try again in 6 months. They wanted to see less than 5 inqs .. I won't apply for more cards so I should have zero inqs (hopefully Smiley Happy ). The thing that's keeping my score down is my utilization .. which I'm working to reduce significantly (within the next 4 months).

Sorry to hear, OP. What was your util when you were denied?

Current Cards:
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would have gone with the Double Cash

Message 23 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i would have gone with the Double Cash

But that's not what the OP was going for.  His intial post mentioned the sign-up bonus which are offered by TY Premier or Prestige, not Double Cash.

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi seems pretty stringent about their rules.
Oldest card at least 1 yr old, less than 6 ins for last six months. I think that would be it. They're not hard to get in, but harder than chase/Barclay since recon is pretty much futile with citi.
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also not many new accounts in the past 6/12 months. They do deny apps and CLIs solely for this reason.

Message 26 of 30
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Hang in there OP just give it a few months, no apping + higher CS you'll get there. Meanwhile enjoy the garden 

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Premier 2 weeks ago. Approved. But I also got the message: TOO MANY INQUIRIES (6 in the last 12 months)

My credit score was a little higher though, around 750 and I have already had Citi Forward and Double Cash (PCed from the Dividends) for a couple years

Message 28 of 30
Leonardc2
Valued Member

I found that letting a citi card age for about a year greatly improves your chances for an even more premium card.  I went through recon last May and was approved for Thank You Premier, and this time I got approved with no problem for Prestige!!!  Fico score in the 700-720 range, only an inquiry or two for the past 6 months.

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditPacMan wrote:

I didn't know they have a minimum score ..I've seen people get approved with similar scores. Also - they just gave me this reason .. last July I got the exact same reason ( and my score was 710). It went down due the new accounts I opened and some of them have balances. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Why did you go for their top end card to try to get an in with them with your score?

So you got denied with a 710, you applied for new credit, added balances, score dropped and you decided to apply again hoping ofr a different outcome with a worse credit profile that when you got the first denial? Curious as to your thinking here....

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.