Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER FORM 4506-T???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FORM 4506-T???

I thought it was strange too, I asked what it’s for they said for verification of identity and correct information. I read everything in the form, it was all correct and used the DocuSign link they provided to send it back. 5 days later I received this email ...
“We are writing to notify you that we have closed your Discover it® card account effective immediately. We regularly conduct reviews to evaluate our customers' accounts, and during a review, we were unable to verify personal information on your account. We evaluated your account and under the terms of your Cardmember Agreement, a business decision was made to close your account. Our credit decision was based in whole on the information found on your account.”

Total BS in my opinion lol.
Message 81 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

4506-T Form for Discover Secured?!

Hello everyone! I was approved for a discover It secures card last week. They took my security deposit of 300$ out of my account last week. This morning I woke up to a 4506-T form required if I want an account with discover!!! What is this about? My annual income has increased over 100% in the past year due to a new job. I can’t believe they really want this form for a 300$ secured card. Is this common?
Message 82 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4506-T Form for Discover Secured?!

It’s not common but it’s been happening recently. Search the forum and you’ll find several threads related to this. They mean it though - either provide it or have the account closed.
Message 83 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of recent it seems to be a new Discover requirement. Lots of threads here of recent about it. 

Are you saying they took your security deposit and then asked you for a 4506-T? If so that is complete BS. 

I don't understand why Discover is asking for 4506-T's on secured credit cards. Unsecured alright. What's the point of them offering them in the first place? Your putting up a security despot that IS your credit limit... If you don't make your payments they take the despoit. What is the risk? 

Personally, If that happened to me i'd tell them to take a hike and give me back my deposit. 

Message 84 of 361
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Did it let you log on?  What exactly was the message please? Was it in your inbox or what?

EDIT TO ADD:

Are you a student?  Young? any dp's appreciated

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 85 of 361
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Discover is acting strange these days. This is like the 3rd time I have heard this in a month or so. Not sure what those fools are up to. That being said if there is nothing to hide just give it to them. Stupid for a secured card but whatever. Choice naturally is yours.

Message 86 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s weighing out what matters - if there’s nothing to hide and you’re ok with it, give them the form. The return you get is a secured card that can graduate and grow very well. To some, that’s enough incentive to comply, and to others it isn’t. Neither is wrong.
Message 87 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the security deposit was withdrawn last friday! I just called them and closed the account, at first they told me wait 2 billing cycles + 10 days for the check of my 300$. I raised hell and got it expediated to 1 week. 

Message 88 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I was never able to create a login or account. This message came directly to my email. It was a pink email with an Equifax letterhead, even though they pulled Experian. Not a student, I am 26 Y/O

Message 89 of 361
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Thanks for answering back.  A pink email, weird.  Well it's strictly up to you what you do.  I can't remember if you said this was a new job or not.  Did you have this same job last year?  I'm just picking your brain, sorry.  I'm wondering if this could be a new policy for secured cards rolling out now.

Anyway, don't lose any sleep over it, do what makes you feel comfortable.  Like @ImTheDevil pointed out, you can submit and possibly keep the card or tell them nope and have it closed.

There are plenty of other cards to build your file so don't let this discourage you.  Good luck whatever you decide and hollar backSmiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 90 of 361
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.