Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER FORM 4506-T???

tag
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

DISCOVER FORM 4506-T???

I was approved for the Secured Discover and i put $500 down for it, they got the money and opened the account, havent received card yet even though sais it on the way. Yesterday i get an email from equifax verification services stating that DFS is requesting a FORM 4506-T to verify the income i out on the application, i called and told them this doesnt make sense at all since they are requesting my last 2 tax return 2017/2018, which are going to be way off from the income i stated on the app because the income i stated was my expected income this year which im estimating based on my new job,

I really dont care about them seeing my past rax transcripts since they are not my full rax returns and i have nothing to hide,

Have this happened to someone on the community ? I just dont want these people to think im lying or something.

Thanks

06-18-19 UPDATE: they closed my account stating they couldnt veryfy my information and now it just showed up on my credit report reported as closed by grantor current and paid, will that hurt my score ???
Message 1 of 361
360 REPLIES 360
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: FORM 4506-T???

I cannot say I've ever seen income verification for secured card. 

What kind of income did you report on your application? 

Message 2 of 361
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I cannot say I've ever seen income verification for secured card. 

What kind of income did you report on your application? 

Since it says annual income and it clearly states income you expect to make, thats what i put down. As of right now, im making 35k from full time job and i stated 45K, but since im a realtor part time and i get commision money but thats a 1099 and its not income im currently receiving right now as i dont have many clients.

Message 3 of 361
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

For 500.00????

Message 4 of 361
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

For 500.00????

Yes, put down $500 for the secured CC

Message 5 of 361
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Sometimes for people with limited or no credit, Discover will pull secondary reports. I know in my case (I got it before Fico was even generated) they pulled Chexsystems (lolwut) and SageStream. They did list my income. It was very close to what it really is. 

Maybe in your case, secondary report was pulled and there was large income discrepancy. Maybe if you picked "self employed", it lead to the request, but again, I've never seen this before on a secured card. 

Dont know if that's what happened, but it's just a thought. 

Message 6 of 361
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Call Discover and verify this wasnt a computer malfunction

$500 secued card????  Gotta be a screw up unless you accidently put down $450.000

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 361
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

$500 secued card????  Gotta be a screw up unless you accidently put down $450.000

They sent me another email today saying to call again to the Customer service protection line and they said they are doing this with old and new accounts accross the board, they just want to veryfy the income ??? But if they really wanted to do that, why would they ask for past tax transcripts and not my paystubs ? I dont get it, its BS actually.

I guess i will have to wait a week to find out what happens.

Message 8 of 361
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

They sent me another email today saying to call again to the Customer service protection line and they said they are doing this with old and new accounts accross the board, they just want to veryfy the income ??? But if they really wanted to do that, why would they ask for past tax transcripts and not my paystubs ? I dont get it, its BS actually.

Pay Stubs can be easily forged, tax transcripts straight from the IRS cannot be.  

Message 9 of 361
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Pay Stubs can be easily forged, tax transcripts straight from the IRS cannot be.  

So how would they know what im making now currently if i have a new job ? through paystubs, im assuming...

Message 10 of 361
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.