Did you mean: 

DISCOVER FORM 4506-T???

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: FORM 4506-T???

@Anonymous wrote:
Same thing happened to me today! I have a Discover unsecured $2,000 limit card and have had it for two months now, i filled out the form about a week ago. Then this morning at 6:00am received an email stating they were unable to verify my identify and closed my account....

This is such bad timing because I found a home I’m about to purchase, i think it will most likely ruin my chances of getting it now Smiley Sad

A CCC closing  your CC has absolutely no negative effect on your buying a home. If there was a balance on the card, simply pay it to $0 if it is negatively affecting your UT. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 71 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired Won’t the closed account have an effect on my credit? I have paid it down to 0 today when I got the notification. The lender has ran a quick check to see if I’m approved for the home and I’m about take all the steps to take it off the market and actually buy it, the account will probably report as “closed by grantor” around the time I would be closing on my home. It has me worried that this whole thing with Discover will screw me over I’m the end.
Message 72 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@CreditInspired Won’t the closed account have an effect on my credit? I have paid it down to 0 today when I got the notification. The lender has ran a quick check to see if I’m approved for the home and I’m about take all the steps to take it off the market and actually buy it, the account will probably report as “closed by grantor” around the time I would be closing on my home. It has me worried that this whole thing with Discover will screw me over I’m the end.

It won't have any effect on your credit with a $0 balance unless it's your only card that didn't have a balance or it spikes your utilization up. Sorry that they shut it down but you should have no negative impact whatsoever. 

Message 73 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saeren Oh thank god, I have been a mess all morning worrying about this because of the timing and I have found the perfect home for the perfect price.

I’m not sure why they would shut it down, I’ve had my Discover cash back card for two months now haven’t missed a payment, stayed with 10% of usage and everything was going great. The information on the tax form was correct across the board and customer service told me it was a “business decision”. I asked if I could get a phone number to get a more detailed reason as to why it was shut down but the only thing I can do is write a letter to an address they gave me. Smiley Sad
Message 74 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's unfortunate. Sorry that this happened to you. It seems like Disco is tightening the belt. A number of companies seem to use 4506-T requests to go through and shut down accounts they aren't interested in having. It makes me nervous about my new Miles card seeing these unfortunate outcomes. 

Best of luck with the search for a home. That is much more exciting than a credit card. Smiley Happy

Message 75 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is unfortunate, I was excited about the 5% cashback categories and the match at the end of my first year. I accumulated $60 cashback in the 2 months I did have it and was ready to get more since the last quarter is Target, Walmart and Amazon since Christmas is coming up.

I’ve read some posts and it seems that this is happening to newer accounts. Hopefully you get to keep your miles card and don’t get the boot!

But thank you, hopefully I’m still in the clear and totally agree a home is 1,000,000x better than a credit card Smiley Wink lol
Message 76 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4506-T from Discover

Yes read that post before,He was rquesting a CL..I stated I wasn't working during the years they wanted the form for

Message 77 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover approved and then request for 4506t

I opened a discover account 2 months ago and got the same tax form, card was on hold, filled out the form and a week later (today) i received an email stating my account has been closed and will show up as “closed by grantor”. I called and they said the same thing it was closed due to a business decision.

I’m not sure why because I have paid it on time, kept my CC at 10% usage, and reported all correct information (name, SSN, income, occupation, etc.) I’m a little mad because I liked their customer service and of course the cash back. I’m in the process of buying a home as well and praying the closed account does not effect me being approved for the home.

I believe this is happening to newer accounts unfortunately, it’s not a great decision on Discover’s end because they’re losing people and kicking everyone out Smiley Sad
Message 78 of 361
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: 4506-T from Discover

Well you’ve already wasted a HP might as well go for it. So your income would show 0 for those years or some unemployment compensation? So be it! At least you have a 50% fighting chance which is way better than 0% as it currently stands.
Or you can always go to Credit One where they’ll gladly take you in and your money!
Best of Luck!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 79 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Same thing happened to me today! I have a Discover unsecured $2,000 limit card and have had it for two months now, i filled out the form about a week ago. Then this morning at 6:00am received an email stating they were unable to verify my identify and closed my account....

This is such bad timing because I found a home I’m about to purchase, i think it will most likely ruin my chances of getting it now Smiley Sad

How is it that it's an identity issue if they requested this form, Is there a discrepency somewhere? Form fill out incorrectly?

Just seems odd to me that it's identity related when dealing with Federal paperwork. And considering you're already approved for a Mortgage, surely there's enough in your CR to validate Identity. lol 

Message 80 of 361
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.