Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW's AMEX Gold in process since august 24th... Approved @ a 630 EX FICO

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

DW's AMEX Gold in process since august 24th... Approved @ a 630 EX FICO

Apparently it takes AMEX a while to process an app? I think it said 7 days??  Can't recall now.

This was a prequal for her with a borderline 630 EX08 score or something.  I log in the check every couple days but just says in process, "check back in 24 hours".  I had thought this had about a 25% chance of approval but since she had one INQ in EX figured WTH.   They must be pouring over those (2) 6 YO CO's and (3) 5 YO CA's. Smiley Happy  She does have perfect history over the last 4 years and 1% UTL...  will report back when we hear.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DW's AMEX Gold in process since august 24th

Have you called in to ask? At this point I definitely would.
Message 2 of 11
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope.  Does that just speed up the denial?  Smiley Happy

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might be spinning your wheels waiting on something via USPS that is a couple of quick questions that need to be answered.  7 days into it is unusual for an app.  Now if they requested a 4506-T for income verification then 7 days isn't unreasonable to process and get results back.

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, typically the automatic online response is 7-14 days for processing of any pending application. Some are generally turned around quicker than others. Earlier in the year, one of mine really took almost the full 14 days, IIRC.

If she's curious to learn of the status, she can call the new accounts line so she can be routed to someone who could further assist. Sometimes it could be due to verification, other times it's a standard review process timeframe.
Message 5 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wouldn’t you prefer to know sooner rather than later 😂🤣

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 11
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wouldn’t you prefer to know sooner rather than later 😂🤣

Myself, yes of course.  I will see if I can prompt her into giving them a call.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 7 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

< crossing fingers >

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely curious to hear back about what happened with your AMEX app. It took me nearly a month to get approved for a card with another bank.

Message 9 of 11
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

She talked to a very nice rep today who verified her identity and was apparently gleeful in telling her she was approved for a "$6K something or another with a total of $20k".  Very cool, we are halfway in with AMEX.  So what do those figures represent?

So to recap.  She got in witha 630 EX FICO 08 and several nearly 6 year old derogs and at the time 14% UTI.

I will likely become an AU and we will see when I see a prequal.  The business side will be where we can put big spend on an AMEX when we get that far.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.