Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for CLI

tag
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

Declined for CLI

Does anyone else have any sneaking suspicion discover uses your scorecard they get every month to use for some sort of soft pull request? Like old data or something is going on. They say I have collection showing on my report and they specifically said it was a fresh report. And I know this to be false. What's funny is my scorecard on there still shows it until it updates in a few days. Could that be what's going on? 

Someone chime in please!

Jeff

PS I just pulled a fresh one myself from transunion, and chatted with them and it's all clear, I checked all 3. Including Innovis. So not sure how there getting this info.

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kickhard88
Contributor

Re: Declined for CLI

For me disco pulls equifax for cli maybe it's the same for you and the collection is still on there

Message 2 of 11
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

Nope, all is clear

@kickhard88 wrote:

For me disco pulls equifax for cli maybe it's the same for you and the collection is still on there

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.

Message 3 of 11
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I would call Discover and ask them! They should be able to explain why

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 4 of 11
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I would call Discover and ask them! They should be able to explain why

I did. After going rounds with chat support they had a senior level manager call me at home. We went round and round and she tried telling me something must be wrong and I should call the bureaus because the report they just pulled showed it. I told her there's no way because I just pulled all 3 and there clear. I even asked her if she really thought it was fresh or if it was an older report and she replied it was. I know sometimes companies use report data that is sometimes 1-2 months old, I just don't know if discover is one of them. 

Like I mentioned earlier, I believe they are somehow using maybe my scorecard copy that comes with my card on a monthly basis, and if that's the case, no wonder she can see it. It hasn't refreshed yet for the month. Agitates me! Lol

Jeff

Message 5 of 11
MT64
New Contributor

In a similar situation as you. I did a CLI a few months back and was denied, thought I was in the clear but it looks like they use the currently pulled report that THEY pull each month and if it still has any negatives or otherwise on it (even if it's 18 days later), it's out of date despite the 3 showing otherwise. I suspect had I waited another 2 weeks for it to update on their end, I may not have been denied? Their term of freshly pulled sounds like (within the last 30 days) fresh.

My account is also slightly under a year old so that may be it as well but their listed reasons specifically listed derogatory accounts which would have been 2 sub $500 medical accounts that were removed. I do believe we've responded in the same thread about that before so probably similar issues in that regard.

Just my take, I'm trying again in a few months to get past my year mark and it'll be for sure clean and done. Look forward to hearing about your updates.

Message 6 of 11
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

There idea of a fresh pull was exactly as I figured. The lady was full of herself . The fresh copy they refer to is the one THEY pull every month to provide to you for free aka your scorecard. Once that refreshed a week ago I hit the luv button and wala! Instant 2k increase. Just go to show you what their own supervisors don't even understand about their own systems. A lot of us have it all figured out though lol love the forums and the smart folks here.Smiley Happy

Jeff

Message 7 of 11
MT64
New Contributor

That's great to hear @JeffMO ! Curious, how long have you had your Disco card if you don't mind sharing?

Message 8 of 11
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

@MT64 wrote:

That's great to hear @JeffMO ! Curious, how long have you had your Disco card if you don't mind sharing?

I opened my account on July 7th, 2019 so 4 Years this July. And I have fought tooth and nail getting it this high. Started at 1200 i believe.

Message 9 of 11
MT64
New Contributor

@JeffMO wrote:

@@MT6 wrote:

I opened my account on July 7th, 2019 so 4 Years this July. And I have fought tooth and nail getting it this high. Started at 1200 i believe.

Oh, nice! That is quite an accomplishment from the starting point, thanks for the infos!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.